The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Eventing in Dallas? (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/eventing-dallas-63882/)

DubyaS6 09-03-2010 05:16 PM

Eventing in Dallas?

Hey guys, I am trying to get back into riding after a 6 year hiatus.

Anyone know of anywhere near Dallas/Fort Worth where I can find a reputable trainer?

I do not currently own a horse and would need some refresher lessons on a decent horse.

I would classify myself as an intermediate-experienced rider even though I have been out of it for a little while.

Thanks!

MIEventer 09-03-2010 10:35 PM

Try contacting the Local Pony Club group and see what you can find, or contact local Eventing Barns?

Wish I could help you out more.

PinkEventer 09-05-2010 05:47 PM

You could also try searching your local Eventing area, search for the clubs/associations and see what stables are involved. Go from there :)
When moving someplace new I'll search for shows in the area too and see what stables tend to hold which shows and which seem to be the bigger show facilities. Gives you a good idea of 'who's who' in the area without all of the leg work.

StormyBlues 09-05-2010 08:16 PM

Greenwood Farms in Weatherford will probably know a lot of the eventing trainers and coaches in the area. They're the biggest facility in Area V (The run a 1 and 2 star in the spring). And maybe come to the Horse Trials on the 24-26th of the month this month and just talk to people! We're pretty nice down here! ;)

kumquat27 09-05-2010 10:07 PM

you gunna be at Greenwood stormy?

StormyBlues 09-05-2010 10:11 PM

Yes, it's my last beginner novice

DubyaS6 09-13-2010 03:47 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I have still been unable to locate anything locally (within 30-40 miles of me).

kumquat27 09-13-2010 08:37 PM

Where in the Dallas/Fort Worth area do you live? If you don't mind me asking. I know of some I think, but I don't know if they are close enough for you. :)

DubyaS6 09-14-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kumquat27 (Post 748078)
Where in the Dallas/Fort Worth area do you live? If you don't mind me asking. I know of some I think, but I don't know if they are close enough for you. :)

Hi kumquat27,

I live in East Fort Worth near the HEB (Hurst/Euless/Bedford) area.

I actually scoped some places out last night with my husband and I found a place that is about a mile from me called Trinity River Farms. Looks like it may work for what we are looking for, but if you know of anywhere else, please let me know!

I know there are tons of places north of where I am, but I am really trying to find a location within 15 miles or so. This way it would be really convenient and I could visit the barn at least 4-5 times a week.

Thanks!