The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Stallion family trees (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/stallion-family-trees-64049/)

Lonannuniel 09-05-2010 09:43 PM

Stallion family trees

my horse is out of one of the spruce meadows stallions, and i was just wondering if there was any way to trace his siblings / ancestors? are there any websites dedicated to this sort of thing?

Cinnys Whinny 09-05-2010 09:58 PM

If it's registered with a breed registry, they will have it's full bloodlines available to you.

Spyder 09-05-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonannuniel (Post 739769)
my horse is out of one of the spruce meadows stallions, and i was just wondering if there was any way to trace his siblings / ancestors? are there any websites dedicated to this sort of thing?

That would be one of the warmblood registries.

What is the stallion's name and registry ( I am guessing it would be Hanoverian)

Lonannuniel 09-05-2010 10:46 PM

the stallion is Evergreen, who is a hanoverian, i'm not sure what the registry is, or how to find it..

Spyder 09-05-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonannuniel (Post 739855)
the stallion is Evergreen, who is a hanoverian, i'm not sure what the registry is, or how to find it..

Evergreen Hanoverian

Evergreen Hanoverian Stallion

Comes from the "E" line. Not a well represented line but has produced mostly jumpers.

All Hannovarians starting with the initial E that are bred true ( to registered and approved Hanoverian mares) will be related to your horse in some way.

Lonannuniel 09-05-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder (Post 739886)
Evergreen Hanoverian

Evergreen Hanoverian Stallion

Comes from the "E" line. Not a well represented line but has produced mostly jumpers.

All Hannovarians starting with the initial E that are bred true ( to registered and approved Hanoverian mares) will be related to your horse in some way.

so, when you say starting with the initial E, does that mean their name starts with an E?

Spyder 09-05-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonannuniel (Post 739892)
so, when you say starting with the initial E, does that mean their name starts with an E?

Yes.

All Hannovarians are under the registry rule required to carry the initial of their sire.

For example my stallion starts with a "D" because his sire line come from the D line. His sire starts with a D as does his sire's sire going back many many generations. Hanoverians are easy to trace because of that.

Now Trakhners do the opposite and their initial is taken from the dam line and can prove more difficult to follow. Other warmbloods take the initial from the year they are born with a letter assigned to each year.