The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Cross post: Historical Riding Photos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/cross-post-historical-riding-photos-64055/)

historicalhorse 09-05-2010 11:03 PM

Cross post: Historical Riding Photos

Hi All,

Wanted to invite you to check out my new website, www.historicalhorse.com. I post photos and stories from the equestrian past daily. The idea came from an old photo of my grandfather jumping his horse, Bowie, at a show in the 60s. I got to thinking there must be countless photos stashed away in the attics of horse-crazy folks like me, and amazing stories of the horses and people depicted in them. Why not create a communal, historical photo album, so to speak? No better way to preserve equestrian history that hearing the story straight from the horse's (and rider's) mouth!

Please check it out, let me know what you think, and preserve a piece of equestrian history by submitting some photos of your own!

Thanks!

PS - We're on Facebook, too: Historical Horse Facebook

soileddove 09-06-2010 12:59 AM

Wow, what an AWESOME idea! I know I have a ton of old photos my family has kept. This is definitely something worth looking into. Thanks for posting it! :D

A knack for horses 09-06-2010 01:40 AM

Wow! That is a cool website, but alas, I don't have any old photos of horses and or riding. (I am the only rider in the family) Definately a great idea though!

MacabreMikolaj 09-06-2010 01:46 AM

That's wicked, I have TONS of photos around here of my mom and her siblings riding as kids, and even my grandpa riding as a kid! I'll go bug her about them and get them scanned!

Sunny 09-06-2010 01:49 AM

What a neat idea! :-)Posted via Mobile Device

Mickey4793 09-06-2010 10:22 AM

AWESOME website, what a creative and unique idea, I love it!

historicalhorse 09-06-2010 10:42 AM

Thanks everyone! Just a reminder: there's really no requirement for how old photos have to be; the older the better, of course, but the idea is really more about a horse or horseperson who is either a member of your family, or who has influenced your involvement in the horse world. As an example, I've had a few people who sent in pictures and stories of their first ponies, and plenty of pictures in color! History is relative, so don't hesitate to submit. Can't wait to see what photos and stories you'll share!