The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Showmanship (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/)
-   -   Do You Show? I Want to See! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/do-you-show-i-want-see-64066/)

lilruffian 09-06-2010 12:03 AM

Do You Show? I Want to See!

Hey to all you folk that show horses (western, english, in hand, etc)! I've always wanted to try this (& my aunt actually has several young Paint horses i could try with) but unfortunately at the moment i'm too busy with life to learn & give it a go:-|
Anywho... Maybe you all can tell me a bit about it & lets see your pictures!!!:D

PintoTess 09-06-2010 12:08 AM

well i am starting up soon so i cant wait to .i should be so fun and i will be doing the in hand and the rider classes ect...

lilruffian 09-06-2010 12:15 AM

I think the stable down the road does stuff like this so when i get some extra cash & maybe a bigger trailer lol i'll see what i can do with them!

JackofDiamonds 09-06-2010 12:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
In english theres different sorts of classes in a show. And theres different sorts of shows. Theres Gymkhanahs which are sort of encouragement comps with games ect, then theres Open horse shows which is for people begining to show then there you Aggie shows which are qualifiers for your Royals and Horse of the year shows. Theres also different rings theres the Pony club ring which you have to have a certain number of rally's to compete in, and thats usually not as quite tough competion as the Open ring. Its really,really competetive!! I Show my Connemara in his Native/breed classes which are other mountain and moorland ponies competeing together it usually consists of a ridden class a in-hand class and a working hunter. I show him in these as he is not the sought after type for open showing. My Riding Ponies however i show in Aggie shows and Royals. This is a lot harder in presentation and riding. In breed clases you follow the rules on how to present your horse for a Connemara it has to be all natural, Long mane, feather, no make up ect Where Open you usually plait if you want to actually looked at and have a chance. The chestnut is my riding pony and the grey is the connie :)

HorseRLife 09-06-2010 03:33 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I show in Pony Club rings. Which are always fun, In the last show I went to I got 3 champions, 6 firsts, 2 seconds, and 3 thirds. It was a really good day then there were games but I didn't get a place in them becuase Millie my pony gets excited and starts to rear and buck. LOL. Here are some pictures of my last show I went to. The last one if of pair of ponies. The big chestnut he is my friend horse he is 15.3HH and Millie is 12.2HH mum said it looked funny as.

lilruffian 09-06-2010 12:45 PM

Your chestnut looks so sweet JackofDiamonds!
And yes HorseRLife she does look tiny with you lol but i love riding ponies. They have so much spunk & are super tough! :D Pretty little girl too... i love how you guys do the manes & tails. I've always wanted to try it but i'm afaid to botch it up & have to maul my mare's pretty mane! lol That & i'm a horrible braider...
Also, HorseRLife i noticed a cow in that 1 pic... may i ask if you know what they were doing with it lol?

ThatNinjaHorse 09-06-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilruffian (Post 740367)
Also, HorseRLife i noticed a cow in that 1 pic... may i ask if you know what they were doing with it lol?

It was probably there to be shown.. Not sure about anywhere else but here cattle have led in classes just like horses :lol:

equiniphile 09-06-2010 05:36 PM

I've shown my gaited Paso Fino gelding in Trail, Halter, Easy-gaited Equitation, Easy-gaited Pleasure, gymkhana, jumping....only ever at fair, fun shows, and some smaller shows like 4-H

I've shown my one Thoroughbred in English pleasure and eq classes at the fair, and we're soon going to train for dressage. She's an excellent dressage horse.

Next year I'll show my other Thoroughbred in eventing.

I haven't shown any of the minis yet, but the two babies I will when they're a bit bigger.

My uncle has an arab and half-arab reining ranch in Colorado, and they have a ton of horses. 9 riding horses and a few 2-yr olds, plus 7 or so retired mares in the far pasture. When I go out to their ranch next I'm hoping to go to a show; their horses all go to nationals for Reining, Western Pleasure, Country English Pleasure, English Pleasure, etc. They mainly do reining, though. They show at arabian shows to earn points. I've ridden 8 of their 9 riding horses, and they're all spectacular. Their arab reining stallion and their English Pleasure National Show Horse (arab x Saddlebred cross in my avatar) are my favorites to ride.

Anyway, just a bit of the showing I do and hope to do :)

vivache 09-06-2010 07:17 PM

I show in-hand, gaited country pleasure, and gaited EQ.

I didn't have the greatest show horse this year, so I got a lot of 5th out of 6 or 7. But I did get a 3rd in equitation, which made me feel confident about my abilities to show when I get my own horse. My own horse will be trained in showmanship and will hopefully be a phenomenal lite-shod horse.

Sunny 09-06-2010 07:29 PM

I showed in Western speed events a couple years ago. It was local shows so the same people always won. :lol: Sunny will hopefully be either my eventer or hunter, depending on how she turns out under saddle. You should definitely try! I love the atmosphere of shows.
Posted via Mobile Device