The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Double Blue eyed tabiano stallion (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/double-blue-eyed-tabiano-stallion-64200/)

bensmomma 09-07-2010 01:45 PM

Double Blue eyed tabiano stallion

2 Attachment(s)
My mom and her boyfriend have decided to sell their stallion, he is registered, and produces some beautifull babies. He laeads and loads good but he has a problem with his back hooves being handeled. He was once broke to ride before my moms boyfriend got him so that was over two years ago. He loves to get attention but can be hard to handle if hes near a mare in season. We do not have the time to work with him and we just have too many horses. Plus we dont want any of our mares breeding agin. Here are some pics of him. I have two of his babies on here one in the sale section hes the 6 month old colt and the other is i think in the breeding, i was just showing pics of her, i dont think they want to sell her. Oh he will come UTD on all shots deworming and have a coggins, we are located in MO about 40 min north of springfiled, and were asking $550 obo

Attachment 40164

Attachment 40165

Attachment 40166

And here are some of his babies, we have a 5 month old filly, then the 6 month old colt ( who's for sale) and then our geilding who's 3 or 4

Attachment 40167

Attachment 40168

bensmomma 09-07-2010 01:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Sorry heres the pics of him

Attachment 40169

Attachment 40170

Attachment 40171

WickedNag 09-11-2010 08:54 AM

Geld that boy and start riding him. You would have a better chance of selling him.

ShutUpJoe 09-11-2010 09:18 AM

He would make an awesome gelding.

Heartland 09-11-2010 11:51 AM

I agree with above posts. Geld him and get him under saddle.

KANSAS_TWISTER 09-11-2010 07:04 PM

i would geld straight away. also put on a lot me weight on him before selling him or do you have any current pic of him with wieght one him?

bensmomma 09-13-2010 01:38 PM

Sorry these pics are from last year, my camera is not very good right now to take better pics but ill try, as for geilding him its an option we have been thinking about but my moms boyfriend wants to see if anyone wants him as a stallion first, mainly cause we dont believe he would be able to be a good trail horse. When he was younger he got injured and they had to remove some cartalige in one of his back legs so he has a slight limp.

Speed Racer 09-13-2010 01:43 PM

That horse isn't stallion material, and any reputable breeder wouldn't give you a plug nickel for him.

If he's unable to be ridden, he still needs to be gelded and then given away as a pasture companion.

Sorry, but there's nothing about that horse I like. Your mother's fooling herself if she thinks she's going to get big bucks for him as a stally.

Alwaysbehind 09-13-2010 02:08 PM

I realize it is not your horse so you do not have control over it.

It would be much easier to sell him if you had a good idea what his limitations would be. Has a vet determined his soundness and his ability to be a riding horse?