The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   this horse's conformation? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/horses-conformation-6424/)

Barngurl314 02-26-2008 08:36 PM

this horse's conformation?

her owner claims that "she is PERFECT".
what do you guys think?

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...nfotessers.jpg

she is a 13 year old appaloosa.
used for showjumping.

mlkarel2010 02-26-2008 08:40 PM

She looks a bit downhill.... also I think her neck looks odd... can't put my finger on it though.....just my opinion..... however I'm not a confo expert

alucard 02-26-2008 09:25 PM

she does look downhill, and her hind legs seem like they are sticking out too much, like she can't put weight on her heels. Do you have any more pics?

All the things that I've said are really minor too, she's really cute, I love her color!

I dare anyone to find the conformationally perfect horse!

alucard 02-26-2008 09:25 PM

she does look downhill, and her hind legs seem like they are sticking out too much, like she can't put weight on her heels. Do you have any more pics?

All the things that I've said are really minor too, she's really cute, I love her color!

SonnyWimps 02-26-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alucard

Her neck also doesn't look right. It looks really short compared to her body...either that or she has a long neck. The photo is not squared completely right, her leg is kinda facing the other way, making it not look straight.

She does have fairly good conformation.

Also, there is NO horse with perfect conformation. And no horse in general is perfect. All will have their flaws. The lady saying her horse is "perfect" would send up a red flag to me.

JustDressageIt 02-26-2008 09:47 PM

Mmm, I wouldn't call her "perfect" sorry...
She's built extremely downhill, which (unless she's still growing) isn't good. I find her to be too straight-hocked for my liking... nice slope to the shoulder and croup, but she has a very short neck.

Barngurl314 02-26-2008 09:54 PM

Yes, the major thing i see is she is built really downhill. and i told her owner just that. but did she listen? NO. she just kept going on about how much her horse is better than mine. grr.

SonnyWimps 02-26-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barngurl314
Yes, the major thing i see is she is built really downhill. and i told her owner just that. but did she listen? NO. she just kept going on about how much her horse is better than mine. grr.

Is this a horse that you are looking to buy? Or just some ladies horse that you are questioning about?
I mean, the App does have fairly good conformation...but definately NOT perfect.

AKPaintLover 02-27-2008 12:00 AM

If you are not looking at buying this horse, I would be careful about posting a picture in the hope of critique. Does the owner know you have posted a picture of her horse?

Our horses often look perfect to us...because we love them so much. :)

Barngurl314 02-27-2008 06:57 AM

Yes, she knows, she told me she has already done this and yall said it was absolutely perfect. :roll: