The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Chiropractor...time to go see him again (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/chiropractor-time-go-see-him-again-64273/)

drafts4ever 09-08-2010 07:18 AM

Chiropractor...time to go see him again

little rant/rave mix
I rode Sammy bareback yesterday. It was awesome for the most part! I hadn't done anything more than a walk on him without a saddle before just because he was so unbalanced it was impossible to sit without flopping all over. So I used one of my trainers thick western pads and used my surcingle (sp?) to hold it in place while I rode. I was working on my balance and now that he has more weight on him and muscle and has balanced out it's not nearly as uncomfortable as it was however he's just bouncy enough to make my back sore right at the bottom. As soon as we canter I'm fine but I can't trot him for more than a minute or two without needing to walk and straighten myself out. At a jog I'm totally fine and even at a canter or gallop but any speed between a medium forward trot and canter seems to cause some mild discomfort. So it's time to go to the chiropractor again, I can just hear him saying "Jeeze Ellie...where you lifting an elephant?" :?

Stupid me should have gone in about two weeks ago. My neck started to hurt it was one of those nights where I knew I slept wrong and paid for it the next morning and week, I've been getting headaches like I do when my neck hurts...I probably made it worse which scares me and makes me disappointed in myself a bit so now I'm absolutely going. Procrastination hurts. :-(

On the bright side I know I can bareback Sammy and stay on with his huge movement, I had my doubts at first but once we got moving it was pretty easy.

horseluver250 09-08-2010 08:07 AM

I know how you feel, I so much as step funny into a divet and my back is off. I've been to different chiros for the last 4 years an nothing helps, and have had who knows how many x-rays of my neck.

drafts4ever 09-08-2010 05:03 PM

yeah I need to take better care of myself in that department. I'm going to the chiro on monday. Only one chiro has successfully helped me so I always go to him.

Golden Horse 09-08-2010 05:21 PM

It doesn't help, but you're not alone, I put mine out this morning, have Chiro booked for tomorrow. So peed off, it's my first ever dressage show on Sunday, my first show in like 25 years!!!!!!!!!!! and I'm laying on the couch GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

drafts4ever 09-08-2010 08:35 PM

I put one of my students on Sammy to ride him today my back started to hurt. I have an appointment tomorrow hopefully.
Posted via Mobile Device