The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   Horseforum's "Road to the Horse" (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/horseforums-road-horse-64301/)

nobody2121 09-08-2010 03:38 PM

Horseforum's "Road to the Horse"

How about a "Road to The Horse" Competition for the current members(the ones signed up now, it would keep out the ringers)
I have a great place to do it.
Would give everyone a chance to have fun and to see in real time each person training style.
I have been reading posts, it would really help to get ideas across!

"Road To The Horse"
Road to the Horse is a one-of-a-kind experience that combines education and entertainment for an all out horsemanship experience. The competition takes three internationally known, elite horse trainers and clinicians and puts them up against each other for the esteemed title of Road to the Horse Champion. These competitors choose a horse out of the remuda, a group of 10 horses, and they begin building a relationship between horse and human. Unlike a horse show, these competitors are judged not only on a final test of skill, but the means to the end result. The goal of Road to the Horse is to teach horsemen and women that natural horsemanship is a kinder, gentler way of working with horses.

kitten_Val 09-08-2010 03:46 PM

Well... If someone will pay for my trip, living, food, and provide with the horse (since I don't feel like dragging my mare somewhere plus I found a road to her long time ago) then I'm on! :mrgreen:

nobody2121 09-08-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val (Post 743255)
Well... If someone will pay for my trip, living, food, and provide with the horse (since I don't feel like dragging my mare somewhere plus I found a road to her long time ago) then I'm on! :mrgreen:

In this you dont bring your own, you would pick from 10 unstarted colts.

But would really be fun

smrobs 09-08-2010 03:53 PM

Not to mention finding someone to pay for lost wages too. I wouldn't have time to take off a month and spend that on one horse for nothing more than a chance to be judged by people that don't know me. I have actual paying customers who's horses are much more important.

nrhareiner 09-08-2010 03:55 PM

Well since there is only 3 trainers at a time I bet they have them lined up by now.

kitten_Val 09-08-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smrobs (Post 743266)
Not to mention finding someone to pay for lost wages too. I wouldn't have time to take off a month and spend that on one horse for nothing more than a chance to be judged by people that don't know me. I have actual paying customers who's horses are much more important.

Yeah, that's a good point. BUT we'll sell the tickets to the audience (like $100/person) and split! :think: 8-)

nrhareiner 09-08-2010 03:56 PM

Stacy kept her colt. Took him home and finished him out. Not sure how long she kept him but I know she finished him.

kitten_Val 09-08-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrhareiner (Post 743273)
Stacy kept her colt. Took him home and finished him out. Not sure how long she kept him but I know she finished him.

What do you mean by "finished"? I've seen her presentation with him and black mare this passed Feb and my understanding was he was very far from being finished (at that time at least).

nrhareiner 09-08-2010 04:01 PM

Sure it was the same horse. I am talking about the colt she won on what 3 or so years ago now. I will have to see. Last I talk to her I though she said she had pretty much finished him.

nobody2121 09-08-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrhareiner (Post 743270)
Well since there is only 3 trainers at a time I bet they have them lined up by now.

Well we could use more than 3, maybe a process of use some video tape to entire.
It would be great to see everyone working with their colts, using the style that I have been reading.
It could be really fun