The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Nutrisystem (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/nutrisystem-64386/)

farmpony84 09-09-2010 04:08 PM

Nutrisystem

Has anyone tried this? I'm curious about results. My dad lost about 60 lbs on it over the past year but he was pretty heavy. I have about 15 lbs that refuse to leave me! I wonder if this would get me there?

mls 09-09-2010 04:37 PM

I seriously think a large part of losing weight is less intake - more exercise. But truly - the more exercise.

Admitedly - we had two challenges at work that I participated in. The first challenge was a lose or maintain during the holidays. I was supposed to be in the 'maintain' group. I ended up being the biggest loser . . . My motivation was knowing that someone else was going to be seeing my weight every Monday morning. We had 4 teams - our team leader was the only one who knew our weights.

Second challenge was steps - we all got pedometers and each week they increased the number of steps they wanted us to rack up. Again - I lost weight. It helped it was rather cold out doing chores and I had horses in training (lots of ground work).

I am not allowed to participate anymore . . .

farmpony84 09-11-2010 09:07 PM

LOL... I'm in a group of girls (there are 4 of us) at work that are trying to loose weight. One has lost well over 20 lbs through diet and excersize. She's the biggest of us. The next one has lost several inches, not sure how many lbs. We are all pretty much doing the same type of thing but I'm just maintaining. The other girl is gaining weight, but she just stopped smoking so it's expected...

I am really trying but... I'm not seeing it!

mliponoga 09-12-2010 02:31 AM

Well first of all, I love your signature :P But that doesn't help your original question....

I've never used any kind of systems but have lost about 40lbs all naturally and wasn't that big of a guy. I'm still wanting to knock off another 20-25lbs and need to do so before I slow down for winter...all I really did was try to get more active, eat a little less, stop eating past dinner time, and stop snacking. It melted the weight off, but then the last 20lbs have been impossible. Maybe we should do a horseforum biggest loser thread?