The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Hunter Pace!! (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/hunter-pace-64396/)

VanillaBean 09-09-2010 06:11 PM

Hunter Pace!!

I am going to a hunter pace this weekend and im am SOO EXCITED!! It us eight miles. who else has been?

wren 09-09-2010 09:05 PM

oh i love hunter paces! They are always so much fun. Its like an exciting trail ride (not that trail rides aren't exciting on their own).
Is a hunt club putting it on?

franknbeans 09-09-2010 09:15 PM

We have them monthly at our barn in the summer....in fact, have one sunday. Everyone loves them. We typically have anywhere from 50-75 horses/riders, who leave in pairs about every 5 minutes. Our course varies-6-7 miles, typically. We have water, woods, wide open fields, hills. Our jumps are optional, since we have a wide variety of riders. We have 4 divisions, 3 are optimal time, one is fastest (and we only run that one when the weather and conditions permit.)
have a great time!

MyBoyPuck 09-09-2010 10:52 PM

Got a 10 mile one in 2 weeks. They are sooooo fun! Trail ride with on steroids!

VanillaBean 09-10-2010 07:03 AM

awesome! seems like it will be a blast!!
Wren-A local Pony Club is putting it on.

VB

MIEventer 09-10-2010 10:31 PM

Have a great time! Our local Fox Hunt barn puts them on yearly, and I've always thoroughly enjoyed doing them!

wren 09-11-2010 06:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My favorite is the October one...everyone dresses up and stays for a big bonfire at the end.
Our paces are also put on by the local hunts. They are usually 6-8 miles, and usually have lots of fun jumps. There are three paces, but if you are a member of the hunt there is a fourth options sometimes...its called a point to point and i guess it tests how well you know the fixture.

Here are a couple pics from the Oct. ones..
Couple of years ago we were "cowgirls"
Attachment 40539

"bats out of hell" (we ride the fast pace usually...)
Attachment 40540

Attachment 40541
Here are a couple pics from the Oct. ones..

Hoofprints in the Sand 09-13-2010 12:02 PM

LOL wren Bath Pony Club does a Haunted Hunter Pace too! I can't wait!!! :) There are some cool pics of Sandie and I at our last hunter pace (we got 4th, only 2 mins slower than the optimum time, yay!!) and I COULD put links to their site on here, but I don't know whether that would violate the forum's terms on copywritten photos?? Anyone know? Could I just link to it, and not actually display the photo itself on here? :)

MyBoyPuck 09-26-2010 10:45 PM

WooHoo, we got 5th place at our hunter pace this weekend out of about 30 teams. I am so sore I think I'm dead, but that was soooo fun. Someone was taking pics, so hopefully I'll have a few jumping shots to post. Puck was more than into it. He wanted to jump everything including the novice stuff. I had to overrule a few of them out of self preservation. He's such a goofy horse.

Hoofprints in the Sand 09-27-2010 12:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
YAY for hunter paces!!! We just did one yesterday and ended up with SECOND PLACE, only 21 seconds off the optimum time!!! :D The first place team only beat us by 3 seconds, amazingly close! Here's some pics of my friend and I with our ribbons, we were so proud of our ponies, they hauled some serious a$$ and jumped almost everything, they were so good!