The Horse Forum banner

Hello from Macau, China!

672 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RedTree 
#1 ·
Hi!

I'm a Portuguese national living in Macau (China) for the last 16 years. I took up horse riding only three years ago although I regret not having started at a younger age back in Portugal, which I could have.

The place where I ride here is rather small and most of the horses are around 30 years old, but it's the only place open to the public given that the Jockey Club here has closed its school and is very restrictive. The instruction I got wasn't the best since the Philipinos who taught me have to do everything around the stables, and they're underpaid. However, I was recently in Portugal where I got a bunch of lessons which helped me immensely.

I've ridden only two horses of the five available, one a retired thoroughbred which is around 15 years old, although a bit dangerous since it's spooked easy (a friend of mine once almost fell off him because of a butterfly), and the one I ride the most, a 27 year old Lusitanian bull fighting horse which was brought over for bull fights held in Macau before the handover in 1999, and which had to stay on since Macau is such a bad quarantine zone for horses.

I have a couple of books on riding but I was hoping to get some help on what sort of video materials I could get to help me learn a bit more. There's riding supplies shops in HK that has a few videos but since these are quite expensive I'd like to know what's worth getting before making the investment. One series they had there that looked interesting was by Rudolf Zeilinger. Does anyone know if these are worth purchasing?

Any help and comments are appreciated.

Thanks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.