The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   Western and English bits for sale (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/western-english-bits-sale-64527/)

twogeldings 09-11-2010 02:05 PM

Western and English bits for sale

1. German Silver Curb Bit $20 OBO
5" mouthpiece with 8" cheeks. Solid bit. Never used it personally, came with a bridle. Supposed to be an antique bit. Says 'ENGLAND' on one side, there was something stamped on the other but I can't read it.

2. Weymouth or Dressage Curb Bit - $20 OBO
5" mouthpiece with 4 1/2" cheeks. Was sold to me as a driving bit, but apparently it's a Weymouth for use in a double bridle. No markings or stamps on it.

3. Solid curb bit - $5
Other came-with-the-bridle bit. Solid with a very low port. Think it's steel.

4. Old eggbutt snaffle with mouthguards - $5
5 1/2" mouthpiece, slightly curved. Old eggbutt snaffle with red rubber mouthguards (keeps the bit from pinching or sliding through). Might be sweet iron, not really sure. A bit rusty.

5. Flat curb chain
Flat chain with real leather straps. Working condition. Chains a bit rusty, but could be cleaned.

6. 16" Roping saddle with full QH bars
I have this saddle for sale with a nice 4yr QH mare. See the Horses For Sale section for more info.

I WILL TRADE FOR:
A decent saddle blanket
Bridles
Possibly for a good curb or snaffle with rollers and stuff.
Let me know what you got!

WILL POST PICTURES OF ALL BITS SOON

The Rocking U 09-27-2010 02:37 AM

Pending pictures, am interested in the German silver curb bit! Thanks!

twogeldings 09-27-2010 12:35 PM

SADDLE is sold, but I do have another (15" seat, 6" gullet) available. I would be interested in trading something for a grazing bit.

Forgot to post pictures, sorry.
http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/a...ts/bits001.jpg

Starting from the upper left hand corner:
German Silver - Weymouth - Snaffle - Curb - Chain

Erin_And_Jasper 09-27-2010 05:07 PM

the "eggbutt" is really a loose ring

twogeldings 09-29-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin_And_Jasper (Post 763047)
the "eggbutt" is really a loose ring

Thanks for the heads up :D I got it in a trade, used it a few times then got the copper-mouthed snaffle that I currently used. Just assumed it was an eggbutt, never bothered to look it up :lol:

RockHorseRanch 09-30-2010 11:25 AM

And the "german silver" curb is also a Weymouth - more for saddle seat - it's a "never rust - made in England which is a type of high nickle content bit, but not german silver (which isn't silver either!) . It is older for sure.

CharliGirl 10-01-2010 01:06 AM

How much would the loose ring snaffle be with shipping to zip code 55311? Do you use paypal?

It is a 5 1/2" mouth piece, correct? Scotch and Kubie have wide muzzles...5" bits are a tad too small.