The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   NEW PUPPY (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/new-puppy-6477/)

Abby 02-28-2008 11:31 PM

NEW PUPPY

I'M GETTING A PUPPY. Its an Australian Shepherd puppy. :lol:

appylover31803 02-29-2008 12:08 AM

aww yay! Congrats! you have to post pictures when you get him/her

FGRanch 02-29-2008 12:22 AM

Congrat! Yes, yes, be sure to post pics!

Vidaloco 02-29-2008 09:52 AM

I love puppy bellys. I like to just lay them on my face and kiss the soft skin on their soft little puppy bellys. Does that sound weird :shock: ? oh well, guess I'm weird :lol:

appylover31803 02-29-2008 12:43 PM

thats cute Vida. I love puppy breath. My dog Toby had puppy breath until he was about 2ish. I was so upset when it went away.

Abby 02-29-2008 03:48 PM

I'm so excited to get him, he's coming from a great home, he was raised in home versus other farm dogs who are raised in barn and he is people loving. I say "here puppy!" and he looks at me and his little nubby tail wags and he licks and loves all over. I hope to bring him home tonight, if I do there will be a picture overload, he has the most adorable face EVER.

free_sprtd 02-29-2008 03:49 PM

oh man im so jealous!! i want an australian shephard!!!

buckaroo2010 02-29-2008 08:38 PM

aww i want a ddog :) you will ahve to show us pic's of it ssoon! :)

Esha 03-05-2008 04:00 AM

Dogs are amazing :D I really miss having one :( they're great to cuddle with and all when you feel a bit down or whatever, somehow they always manage to cheer you up! :D *is looking forward to seeing pictures of your puppy* :D

jazzyrider 03-05-2008 06:04 AM

oh yaaay :) i hope you have a lot of time and energy. aussie pups learn quickly but they are really energetic and crazy :) the australian shepherd requires a family or individual who is willing to spend a lot of time with the dog. they were bred to work and may get bored if not given a task, possibly resorting to unacceptable behavior if entertainment and activity is not provided. a bored aussie may resort to barking, chasing, digging and anything else it can find as an outlet to boredom (this goes for australian males too lol). they require a large yard and plenty of activity.

although some aussies are quite friendly, it is typical of the breed to prefer to have little contact with people they don't know. it is also not uncommon for an aussie to become territorial and protective of its people, their property, and what the dog considers its own space.

but i figure you know all this anyway :)

have fun with him/her