The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   WANTED: Tucker Saddle and Saddle Pad (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/wanted-tucker-saddle-saddle-pad-64880/)

Riverwalk 09-15-2010 06:03 PM

WANTED: Tucker Saddle and Saddle Pad

Looking for Either/Or or BOTH! :)

Would like a tucker trail saddle, preferably with out horn! 17" seat would be good!! English or Western Rigging.

Saddle Pad - just about any style - not neoprene. Prefer dark color, black or red.

Remi 09-15-2010 08:07 PM

Tucker Endurance 16 1/2" Saddle with Bridle, Walking Horse Bit & Reins

One here. :)

Riverwalk 09-15-2010 08:43 PM

Thank you Remi - I emailed them!! :) Is that a good price do you think?

Macslady 09-17-2010 10:27 PM

Did you get this saddle? That is a great price even for an older Tucker in good shape. You also may try Ebay, they often have endurance for decent prices, also TackTrader.com. Just type Tucker into their search area and all the Tuckers for sale will come up.

For a saddle pad I use an Imus 4 beat pad. They cost 69.95 or so at National Bridle Shop online. They have a Tacky back which helps keep the saddle straight and also allow the horses sweat to move out from under the pad. Reinsman also makes a round skirt just like it called their Tacky Too in a round skirt. If I remember correctly they are more expensive.

Riverwalk 09-18-2010 09:20 AM

Hi Macs,
I didn't get it yet, I thought about not even going to see it after I heard something about the seat size, but I went and saw it anyway, and it was VERY comfortable..... I really liked the feel of the seat. The only thing that didnt make me buy it was the scratches on various areas of the saddle... worried me, but now I'm being told I shouldnt really worry about them (they are superficial/small) ..... So I think I might buy it! :)

Macslady 09-20-2010 05:48 PM

Scratches are a normal part of a saddles life. Most will go away with a good cleaning and conditioning. That is a great price on that saddle. Those saddles last forever.

ADollopofDaisy 09-25-2010 11:33 AM

I have a navy full size English saddle pad if thats what you are looking for
Posted via Mobile Device

Riverwalk 09-27-2010 09:20 AM

Daisy, I'm wondering if an english pad would fit under this saddle. It's a western style saddle, without the horn however it does have english fenders. Do you have picture of it?

ADollopofDaisy 10-01-2010 12:19 AM

Yep I have a picture of it, sorry for the late reply I never got an email
Here is the link:
1. Mobile Photobucket

2. Mobile Photobucket
I can get better pictures
Posted via Mobile Device

Riverwalk 10-01-2010 09:23 AM

Thanks Dollop, that is unfortunately not going to fit under my saddle, it will be too small :(

I need more of a western size saddle pad - Prefer Gel, Airride, Thinline, Saddleright.....

Still looking for a western pad??