The Horse Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/forumindex.php)
- General Off Topic Discussion (/general-off-topic-discussion/)
- - need birthday present suggestions (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/need-birthday-present-suggestions-64983/)
need birthday present suggestions
I have a friend at work that has a birthday Sunday. We laugh and cut up together all the time. She has a great sense of humor. She is around 19 or 20. She is not a horse person. The only pet she has is a pot-bellied pig. So any gift ideas? Both serious and humorous would be appreciated.
Gift cards for some thing she would not normally do for herself are always a good thing. (spa day, special coffee shop, etc)
Safe universally liked gift ideas:
- box of candies
- organic / hypoallergenic (in case she is) cosmetics. Anything except soap / shower gel. Not sure about your customs but in my country soap / shower gel / antiperspirant may sometimes mean a subtle hint about a lack of hygiene.
- mobile phone accessory if she has one
- office related gift: lamp, new mousepad, a coffee cup / can etc
- personalised T-shirt with one of her favourite quotes of a fun image that would describe her
- fun pranky toys - no physical pranks though. A Jack in a box or something
More expensive gifts
- a piece of jewelry such as bracelet or necklace
- a silk blouse
- a set of her favourite show DVDs
Thanks for the replies. I don't want to spend to much because my daughters birthday is the same day. I might go with the gift card or one of the fun gift suggestions. I definitely don't want to do clothes because the chances of me picking out something she will like are slim to none. I'm a boots and jeans kind of girl and she is more prissy. Mobile phone accessory may be good too. I will have to get a look at her phone today. Thanks again!
Does she have a candy or snack that she really likes?
If she likes snickers* bars, buy her a few and tape a card to them and that should be plenty.
*Snickers are just an example of an item. Insert food she likes there.
Thanks for the suggestion Alwaysbehind.
I think what I will do is go with a funny card and a cake at work so all of us can celebrate together.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 PM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.