The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   OMG!!!SCARED!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/omg-scared-6528/)

Jr_lover 03-02-2008 12:11 AM

OMG!!!SCARED!!!

Ok so this is kinda embarrasing but yea i have noticed this before when i was younger that i have a bump right about my boob. My mom always thought it was a bone or a gland and she never paid much attention to it. I wouldn't blame her i was always freaking out once i learned about breast cancer lol.

Well recently i have been paying attention to the bump again it is still there. Now i found out this bump was here at first when i was in elementry school the fact that its still there is kinda freaky. Well i was talking to a friends mom and asked her about bumps above your boob and she said maybe a gland and so i was like oh ok. Well i felt over my other boob and didn't feel anything. So i asked her why was it only above one boob. Well she looked at me curiously and felt for herself and she said that it was unusual and that i should get it looked at. Well shortly after this my mom had come over to get me and she felt and said that she was going to make an appointment to the doctors because it is a big lump plus on top of that it hurts when people touch it and it hurts at the moment and i'm not even touching it.

I'm just so scared because i don't know what it is and i just can't think of what it could be. I was thinking that i had a bicycle accident when i was younger and i broke my arm but all they X-rayed was my arm. Could i have broken the rib above my boob? I found another rib at the bottom that has a basically tip floating and no its not the floating rib its just a piece of rib that is weird combared to the other side. I'm just curious as to how i wouldn't notice my ribs broken if that is the case? What do you guys think it might be? I'm really scared at the moment.....

free_sprtd 03-02-2008 01:50 AM

hmmm that is scary! well good luck and keep us posted. don't fret, i bet it is highly unlikely that it's cancerous, if anything, it's a lump thats not cancerous (gee can't think of the term right now!)

sorry! just stay relaxed, don't be worried!

Jr_lover 03-02-2008 08:34 PM

thanks i'll try not to be too scared or worried but i don't even know when i'm going to the doctor or if my mom even made an appointment yet but i will definitely tell you how it goes ok.

free_sprtd 03-03-2008 01:07 AM

yes please do!

Bitless 03-03-2008 02:51 AM

eek! :shock: that is a little scary.

But im sure it will be nothing to serious. Fingers crossed for you, and will be waiting to hear thos results.

Got2Gallop 03-16-2008 02:22 AM

It could be a cyst, I had one, not on the boob but my armpit and it was painful and all and I had it removed.

Vidaloco 03-16-2008 07:04 AM

I had something like that when I was younger. I must have had an injury as a child because it ended up being scar tissue. It was attached to a rib so it was pretty deep and left a nasty scar when they removed it. I also have one rib that stick out way farther than the others :? Its good to get a mammogram every few years and the sooner the better so they have a base line to go from for future tests. I'm at the age I have one done every year and I encourage anyone else that has never had one to get one ASAP.
On another note, last year I found a sizable lump in my breast that had me really freaking since I had just had a mammogram. Went to the doctor and he said it was caused by too much caffine :shock: I cut my coffee/coke drinking and it went away. The moral of the story is, it could be lots of things but best to get it checked to be on the safe side. I know I want to hang onto my girls forever :lol: So try to take care of them.