The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   7 yr old BLM Large Sport Pony (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/7-yr-old-blm-large-sport-65295/)

NittanyEquestrian 09-21-2010 11:04 AM

7 yr old BLM Large Sport Pony

1 Attachment(s)
“Secret Agent Man” is a 7 year old black large pony (14.1 hh) and a branded Mustang gelding. He has had extensive groundwork training, and has been under saddle for about 30 rides. He is solid walk trot and also canters but is still working on his balance and leads. He has never offered to rear, buck, bite or kick throughout his training. He prefers to back up a few steps or stop and look at things that spook him instead of acting first and thinking later. With his beautiful and expressive gaits, we feel that he would excel as an all-around sport pony prospect and a fantastic youth mount as he has a very good worth ethic and is super willing to please.

He has amazing extension, drive, and impulsion at the trot and canter. He naturally rounds and comes up into seat and rein contact as well as being very on the aids for the amount of under saddle time he has. He is currently trail riding on a loose rein, loves to be out and about exploring new paths, with or without other horses. He has free jumped to 2’ and enjoyed it immensely but has only trotted ground poles and hopped over very small jumps under saddle although we have no doubt that he could easily go much higher with training. He was shown in September under dressage judge Vicki Sher in W/T Suitability and she loved him. He placed 2nd out of 6 in both classes and he was in against horses and ponies with more experience than him and it was his first time off the farm. This is one fantastic large pony that would be a great pony eventer or hunter and would love to be a Pony Club mount. $3000 negotiable to a great show home as we love this pony and want him to be allowed to shine. Only reason for sale is his size as I am too large/old for ponies or I would keep him in a heartbeat. Here's some pictures and video of his 5th ride. More recent videos and show pics are coming soon as I have been experience technical difficulty getting them uploaded!

flyingyellowhorse 09-27-2010 08:10 AM

Do you have more undersaddle video?

NittanyEquestrian 09-27-2010 10:08 AM

I'm working on it. I will get it up soon and post it here.

NittanyEquestrian 09-29-2010 12:01 AM

Here is the video blog that I made of him from throughout his training. If you need anymore information or would like to come out and see him he is located in State College, Pa. Thanks!

smrobs 09-29-2010 02:01 AM

He's gorgeous. You just gotta love that mustang temperment and work ethic, they just seem so eager to please. He looks great and I hope you can find a really great home for him.

NittanyEquestrian 09-29-2010 02:08 AM

Thanks! He really is all heart. In a year or two with more miles and some more wet saddle pads he's going to be a real babysitter under saddle. I have already had a few intermediates on him and he really does take care of you. He will slow when he feels them get off balance and has a wonderful set of brakes on him. He learned to jump under saddle in about 20 minutes and has gaits to die for. Don't get me started on how much I love this pony I could go on for hours! haha.

NittanyEquestrian 03-17-2011 09:09 PM

This gelding is still available and would make an excellent amateur or youth mount. Has great movement for dressage, loves to jump and will hack all day alone or in a group on a loose rein. He's a gem and will be in the ribbons this summer!!

sarahver 03-17-2011 09:34 PM

I wish you all the very best finding this guy a home, I have watched his videos more than once and he is truly a lovely little horse. I can see him flying through an XC course with no problems!

Eliz 03-17-2011 11:27 PM

It always surprises me to see sport mustangs. Gorgeous boy! :)

NittanyEquestrian 03-18-2011 11:22 AM

Thanks I love this gelding. He's a true gem and would make some little pony clubber the best mount. He's an amazing mover, has a fantastic brain and loves to work. I'm being selfish though and I've turned down a few homes that weren't right for him. I'm not in a hurry to sell him but I also only use him for lessons and riding him myself and I really look like an idiot on a pony even though he takes up a lot of leg and has a huge stride for his size. He will be going to his first event this summer and doing some local dressage and hunter stuff if he doesn't sell. I'm holding out for the "perfect" home for him because I'm going to bawl like a baby when he leaves. If anyone knows of a way to get him to grow about 6 more inches let me know because then he'd be perfect =P. So stay tuned for more pictures and video as my ring thaws out and he starts showing again!! =)