The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   HFA (Horse Forum Anonymous) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/hfa-horse-forum-anonymous-65379/)

charlicata 09-22-2010 10:16 AM

HFA (Horse Forum Anonymous)

:shock::shock::shock:Ok guys, I've heard that the first step to recovery from addiction is admitting that you have a problem. Well, I have a serious problem...

I'M ADDICTED TO THE HORSE FORUM!!!

I'm so addicted, that most of the time when I'm supposed to be working, I'm actually on the forum perusing *sp* around. I have to collapse the window so that when my boss comes around, she doesn't see that I'm actually not working at all. :shock: I also find myself at home at night at times (when I'm not too tired) reading the forum while my DH is trying to talk to me. Needless to say, what he's saying doesn't even go in one ear...much less out the other. And when I find something funny and I start laughing, he has to lean over to see what I'm laughing about. I've even shushed him a few times because I couldn't concentrate on what I was reading...because he just talks WAYYYYYYYYY too loud!!!

If any of you other forum users have this problem, PLEASE REPLY!!! We have to have each other to rely upon while we face our addiction.

Thanks,
Charlene

Speed Racer 09-22-2010 10:25 AM

I can stop anytime I want. I just don't don't WANT to stop right now.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :wink:

sarahver 09-22-2010 10:30 AM

Hi my name is Sarah and I am a horse forum addict. It's been six months since I joined and already over 600 posts. That's 100 a month and no plans to start cutting back in the foreseable future :-)

Edit: Right now I am supposed to be writing two papers for college...

charlicata 09-22-2010 10:33 AM

AHHHHH SR, I see you're not quite ready to admit that you're addicted. But with over 3,000 posts in under a year, I would think that you are right there with us. Don't worry though, soon enough you'll see the light. :lol:

It's really nice to see that I'm not the only one. This was Spyder's idea in a different thread, I just decided to go ahead and start it. LOL

corinowalk 09-22-2010 11:42 AM

Hi, My name is Cori and I am a Horse Forum Addict. It has been less than 6 months and I have way too many posts. I am supposed to be cleaning my house right now.

charlicata 09-22-2010 11:46 AM

Welcome to our little group CW!

sandy2u1 09-22-2010 11:52 AM

I too am addicted. It seems to be getting worse...not better. I use to check it once every night and now I check multiple times throughout the day. We are all hopeless!

charlicata 09-22-2010 11:55 AM

It's ok Sandy, we will all get through this together. Seems our little group is growing.

Now, we just need to find someone to head it up.

Speed Racer 09-22-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlicata (Post 756821)
AHHHHH SR, I see you're not quite ready to admit that you're addicted. But with over 3,000 posts in under a year, I would think that you are right there with us. Don't worry though, soon enough you'll see the light. :lol:

I admit NOTHING. I can stop anytime, I tells ya!

The fact that I check this BB almost constantly throughout the day is merely coincidence, and is not proof that I'm addicted.

smrobs 09-22-2010 12:41 PM

Hi, my name is Jen and I am a HF addict. Any time I am not working outside, I am on the forum. I will often not even get to feed the horses until after dark because I come inside for a "break" and find myself lost on here.