The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HFA (Horse Forum Anonymous)

5K views 52 replies 27 participants last post by  RedTree 
#1 ·
:shock::shock::shock:Ok guys, I've heard that the first step to recovery from addiction is admitting that you have a problem. Well, I have a serious problem...

I'M ADDICTED TO THE HORSE FORUM!!!

I'm so addicted, that most of the time when I'm supposed to be working, I'm actually on the forum perusing *sp* around. I have to collapse the window so that when my boss comes around, she doesn't see that I'm actually not working at all. :shock: I also find myself at home at night at times (when I'm not too tired) reading the forum while my DH is trying to talk to me. Needless to say, what he's saying doesn't even go in one ear...much less out the other. And when I find something funny and I start laughing, he has to lean over to see what I'm laughing about. I've even shushed him a few times because I couldn't concentrate on what I was reading...because he just talks WAYYYYYYYYY too loud!!!

If any of you other forum users have this problem, PLEASE REPLY!!! We have to have each other to rely upon while we face our addiction.

Thanks,
Charlene

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi my name is Sarah and I am a horse forum addict. It's been six months since I joined and already over 600 posts. That's 100 a month and no plans to start cutting back in the foreseable future :)

Edit: Right now I am supposed to be writing two papers for college...

#4 · (Edited)
AHHHHH SR, I see you're not quite ready to admit that you're addicted. But with over 3,000 posts in under a year, I would think that you are right there with us. Don't worry though, soon enough you'll see the light. :lol:

It's really nice to see that I'm not the only one. This was Spyder's idea in a different thread, I just decided to go ahead and start it. LOL

#9 ·
AHHHHH SR, I see you're not quite ready to admit that you're addicted. But with over 3,000 posts in under a year, I would think that you are right there with us. Don't worry though, soon enough you'll see the light. :lol:
I admit NOTHING. I can stop anytime, I tells ya!

The fact that I check this BB almost constantly throughout the day is merely coincidence, and is not proof that I'm addicted.

#5 ·
Hi, My name is Cori and I am a Horse Forum Addict. It has been less than 6 months and I have way too many posts. I am supposed to be cleaning my house right now.

#13 ·
Hi, My name is Cori and I am a Horse Forum Addict. It has been less than 6 months and I have way too many posts. I am supposed to be cleaning my house right now.
Wow Cori, we joined at the same time but you are definately more of a chonic addict - 2095 posts!! Probably 2132 posts by the time I finish typing this message!! :shock:

#15 ·
LOL Yup...out of those 2100 posts...about 12 of them are about horses. The rest are about my screwed up family, my paste addiction, my goofy children, my dislike of salty-half cooked egg whites, and I cannot forget to mention my Two Hubbies!

#17 ·
Hi My name is Mariah (yes like the singer :roll: ) And I too am a horseforum addict. I should be taking advantage of the weather since it's not raining, but I'm here on my couch poking around the Forum. I don't want help, don't need help. This is not time for an intervention. Just leave me be! I'm happy with my addiction. I need it. It completes me.

#18 ·
^^ This!!!

I don't need help. This helps calm my addiction to project horses. Since I have started the forum I have only had 3 project horses. In 6 months, that is a record low for me! LOL

#22 ·
My name is Leigha, and I'm a HF addict.

Not sure what I should be doing right now, but I often spend hours looking the forum over, constantly checking to see if anyone replied, etc. It makes me late to work, late for dates with friends, late for doctor appointments. It makes me take extra long lunches, and extra long breaks. It irritates my boyfriend to no end. He doesn't even have to ask what I'm looking at, haha.

I have three "windows" open on my iPhone, and all three are HF pages. One is my desperate attempt to catch up on the "Am I missing something with Parelli?" thread, one is keeping up with the "volume 2" of the already mentioned thread, and the third is used to browse the rest of the forum while waiting/hoping for someone to reply to a thread, haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

#23 ·
Hi, my name is Ava/NinthHeroine, and I'm an HF addict after only a couple of days. You guys have got me hooked. There's so much to see, do, and post about that I'm staying up too late and not finishing my math homework for uni tomorrow xD

#24 ·
Hi, my name is Taylor, and I am a hardcore HF addict. I think it's been less than six months and over 800 bottles, I mean posts. Right now I am supposed to be sleeping, reading Hamlet, and doing an anatomy worksheet. HF is destroying my sleep, causing me to lose friends, and my grades are dropping. I need help.
Posted via Mobile Device

#25 ·
My name is Megan, and though I don't post much, I spend a lot of time creeping on threads.
I should have left for work ten minutes ago, but I can't seem to log off. My fingers don't listen to me. :D

And even though there are no new posts, I still have no desire to log off. This place is like poison....only a cool poison like that spider that bit Peter Parker.

#26 ·
Ugh, it really is poison isn't it? Monday I didn't even go to class. Given it was only one class and super easy, but I still should have gone. This place grabs you by the ankle and drags you under. Once your submerged you don't even want to breath anymore cause it's just a great feeling to be drowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.