The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I am ECSTATIC!!!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-am-ecstatic-65500/)

Amarea 09-23-2010 10:32 PM

I am ECSTATIC!!!!!!

So some of you might remember some of my first posts here regarding being afraid of the height of my horse, etc.

Well I can happily say that I have made leaps and bounds in my confidence issues and actually rode Indy's Claymore tonight and had one of the best rides I've ever had! He is SUCH a dream to ride! I am looking forward to next weekend when I get to ride him at York Hills!

It was such a great realization tonight to be able to ride him comfortably and not keep freaking out because the ground was so far away. I've also been riding Willow with all her little attitude quirks (she bucks about 5 times at the start of EVERY ride) and have enough confidence to ride through the bucks and not run away!

And I will admit too... I'm turning into a bit of a speed freak LOL! When we go to York Hills, I can't help but look forward to the next hill just so I can canter up it LOL!! :lol: I was also loving to trot Claymore tonight too although I'm not sure I could handle his canter! His trot is almost the equivalent of a normal horses canter LOL!

Anywho... Sorry to toot my own horn, I am just SOOO happy that I am finally enjoying my riding instead of fearing that I'm going to fall off!

Plains Drifter 09-23-2010 10:50 PM

Woohoo!! Way to go!! Can't wait to see pictures of you on Claymore!!

Amarea 09-23-2010 11:06 PM

Next weekend! We are giving Rain a break as she's been limping a bit and we need to give Willow a good workout. Indy's riding Willow at York Hills as she has to be ridden bareback and I'm not THAT experienced yet to ride bareback on trails. Any saddle that we have that fits starts to pinch her and cause her pain very quickly into riding so we are resorted to bareback.

I am just praying those darn gun-wielding deer stay away LOL!!!

AlexS 09-24-2010 12:18 AM

that's awesome. Congrats, and remember this moment as even the best riders have a few set backs, so when and if you have them, don't let it kill you again!

Glad you are doing better!

Amarea 09-24-2010 12:19 AM

Thanks =)

Indyhorse 09-24-2010 12:59 AM

Claymore is an addiction. Seriously. :) You can't have him though lol. I've busted my butt with that horse to get him where he is!

You did great with him though, and I know you'll have a blast with him this weekend. He's only spooky when he has to lead, he's still got the youngster mentality. We can put Willow in front, she's a power-walker anyways.

And you think Claymore's trot is big, you WILL try his canter someday, it's huge, believe me. Just practice yelling "geronimo!" now lol

Golden Horse 09-24-2010 02:27 AM

:D Reading this with a huge smile on my face, I love to hear of people overcoming their fears and finding the fun. It's a journey that I have taken, and am still taking, it just makes the fun all the more sweet doesn't it.

Keep up dating with your victories, it's a real feel good thing

Alwaysbehind 09-24-2010 07:22 AM

Great news! Sounds like you are progressing right along, as is Willow.

Remi 09-24-2010 08:14 AM

That is great!

One of our horses fell with me a few weeks ago. The next time I rode him I had a panic attack. Still not quite over it.

dizzynurse 09-24-2010 01:10 PM

Good for you! Glad your having such a great time!