The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   My Buddy (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/my-buddy-65592/)

farmerjeff 09-25-2010 12:05 AM

My Buddy

4 Attachment(s)
This is my 6 month old colt named Chomper. He is my first horse. I've had him about two weeks, He's a good fella!:) He keeps me busy! Tell me what you think:-P

ShutUpJoe 09-25-2010 12:14 AM

He's awful cute but he sure does need some weight! Has he been eating better for you?

I noticed the dog in the background is just about as big as your Chomper!

Bec 09-25-2010 12:17 AM

He looks a bit on the skinny side, he doesn't seem to have alot of muscle/fat. What are you feeding him, is he always in that yard that he is in the first pictures?

ChevyPrincess 09-25-2010 12:20 AM

Wow, six months? Looks younger Lol. He is totally cute! Do you know what breed he is? I love his big, round eyes =)

The first horse is always exciting. Were you wanting one for a while? Lol or just a random thing that came along and you got hooked?

Has he been dewormed? Just askin' ;) Looks like he has a bit of haybelly going on in the last picture compared to the rest of his body weight and size. It would also help to fatten him up a little =) Mine are in need of a worming too.

BarrelracingArabian 09-25-2010 12:29 AM

hes adorable but as stated he looks pretty thin!

farmerjeff 09-25-2010 08:54 AM

Im glad I posted him. I thought he was skinny myslef. I dewormed a couple of days ago. He is a Paso Fino. He just nibbles on the hay. He eats like a little mice or rat. NOT like a cow!! But grain he'll eat it up. Doesn't have alot of muscle/fat either. How can i make him gain some weight? He's in need of it bad:( Thanks guys for replying!!:)

ShutUpJoe 09-25-2010 09:56 AM

Try suregrow. Have you talked to a vet?

farmerjeff 09-25-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutUpJoe (Post 760376)
Try suregrow. Have you talked to a vet?

Is that a feed? No, I haven't

farmerjeff 09-25-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChevyPrincess (Post 760149)
Wow, six months? Looks younger Lol. He is totally cute! Do you know what breed he is? I love his big, round eyes =)

The first horse is always exciting. Were you wanting one for a while? Lol or just a random thing that came along and you got hooked?

Has he been dewormed? Just askin' ;) Looks like he has a bit of haybelly going on in the last picture compared to the rest of his body weight and size. It would also help to fatten him up a little =) Mine are in need of a worming too.

Paso Fino... I have been wanting a little baby for a long time, and the price was right also.lol.. I did deworm him a few days ago. He looks younger b/c he looks underweight i guess:(

ShutUpJoe 09-25-2010 10:45 AM

It's a pellet type thing. It's a UK thing and I'm not sure how to get ahold of it, an old place I used to go to ordered it but I'm not sure where from. They said it worked miracles on their underweight foals.

I think this would be similiar and it's at tractor supply....
DuMOR Mare and Foal 16%, 50 lb. - 5078244 | Tractor Supply Company