The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   Selling my Horse (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/selling-my-horse-65681/)

HorseyGirlx 09-26-2010 07:59 AM

Selling my Horse
 
I'm turning 14 soon, And i am really interested in jumping and I want to get competitive and enter competitions like stoneleigh and national and international competitions and i want a career in horseriding and i want a place at Celyn equine college but they only accept horses (14.2hh and up), but at the moment i have a beautiful but very small 13hh welsh Sec B and my mum said if i want a bigger, better jumping horse then i need to sell my little horse so she can have the money to buy me a bigger one, but I can't bring myself to do it, we have formed such a strong bond and i totally understand him, but i cannot expect him to jump heights of 4-5ft and i am getting a little big for him now height wise, weight wise i'm not as i am only 5 stone but its like choosing between my head and heart :\ people please help me as i really do not know what to do. Head or Heart? :cry:

JackofDiamonds 09-26-2010 08:14 AM

Oh well 14 too and im competing my 14hh Connemara who jumps like mad. I mean Its hard to say goodbye to the ones you love, always! but i think deep down you know the time has come. When you get your new one im sure you will bond with them to. Its the world of horses, you cant keep them all. So i suggest you do actually sell your pony of course to a nice home hopefully where she will stay. Because we all have to move on if we want to be serious and get to the top!! Im not trying to sound heartless!! Im really feeling for you! I have to wait a year until i can hopefully import a well bred yearling. So for now Jack is going as far as i can get him!!

Good luck!! xx

HorseyGirlx 09-26-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackofDiamonds (Post 761314)
Oh well 14 too and im competing my 14hh Connemara who jumps like mad. I mean Its hard to say goodbye to the ones you love, always! but i think deep down you know the time has come. When you get your new one im sure you will bond with them to. Its the world of horses, you cant keep them all. So i suggest you do actually sell your pony of course to a nice home hopefully where she will stay. Because we all have to move on if we want to be serious and get to the top!! Im not trying to sound heartless!! Im really feeling for you! I have to wait a year until i can hopefully import a well bred yearling. So for now Jack is going as far as i can get him!!

Good luck!! xx

I totally Agree with what your saying, red is an amazing jumper jumping heights of 3ft for his height of 13hh! but he is also Very good in the showing ring, back in august i won a lot on him, including a first prize and trophy, and i'm not really sure if he enjoys jumping that much, he seems to get fed up of it so is it really fair to make him do it just because i like it? im considering saying on his ad: Suitable show pony because thats what he is although he can jump aswell, its just whether he enjoys the jumping or not, some days he seems to and others well he just doesnt. ahh well nothings happening till spring so i can get him well schooled and up his price a bit, he is a beautiful example of his breed, and has won a lot in the showing ring with me <3

JackofDiamonds 09-26-2010 08:42 AM

Yeah they continue to wow us all!! Jack just jumped 1mtr 30 the other day which is the same height as world cup show jumping, and cleared it with a beeze so im thinking of trying to get into the youth eventing team. Im lucky i never have to sell jack but i have had to sell many of my other beloved ponies but i mean it gets easier as you get on with your new one. I agree get him as schooled up as possible so you get as much as you can!! What breed are you looking for? i would say he can jump because that is a extra bounes people look for. :) Tell me a bit about him, i would love to hear.

iridehorses 09-26-2010 08:46 AM

It's hard to let go even if it's the right thing at times. As you outgrow your pony, think of her next owner - someone he can take care of like he took care of you. It would certainly be the best of all worlds if it were possible to keep him but as you grow both physically and with experience, but you will be using him less and less. That isn't fair to your pony and you could be depriving him of a full life with a new owner.

As a parent, it was tough to see my kids grow and move away but it's part of life - no different then what you know you need to do with your pony.

HorseyGirlx 09-26-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridehorses (Post 761319)
It's hard to let go even if it's the right thing at times. As you outgrow your pony, think of her next owner - someone he can take care of like he took care of you. It would certainly be the best of all worlds if it were possible to keep him but as you grow both physically and with experience, but you will be using him less and less. That isn't fair to your pony and you could be depriving him of a full life with a new owner.

As a parent, it was tough to see my kids grow and move away but it's part of life - no different then what you know you need to do with your pony.

That Is also very true, i am reading these out to my mum and she agrees with all of them i know i will probably end up selling him but its such a hard thing to do, he runs to the gate whenever he sees me and he totally loves me, and i will feel like im letting him down; turning him away but i am not :\ its a sad world where money makes decisions for you but its the way of life, if we were rich wealthy people we would be able to keep all 3 horses but were not so thats it :\ thankyou for your helpful and supportive response! :-)

JackofDiamonds 09-26-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorseyGirlx (Post 761323)
if we were rich wealthy people we would be able to keep all 3 horses but were not so thats it :\

If we were rich wealthy people we would not have horses!!
Haha sorry i couldnt help myself:lol:

HorseyGirlx 09-26-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackofDiamonds (Post 761318)
Yeah they continue to wow us all!! Jack just jumped 1mtr 30 the other day which is the same height as world cup show jumping, and cleared it with a beeze so im thinking of trying to get into the youth eventing team. Im lucky i never have to sell jack but i have had to sell many of my other beloved ponies but i mean it gets easier as you get on with your new one. I agree get him as schooled up as possible so you get as much as you can!! What breed are you looking for? i would say he can jump because that is a extra bounes people look for. :) Tell me a bit about him, i would love to hear.

Well Red is a beautiful Chetsnut gelding welsh section B, he is very lively and loves hacking, hes really good out hacking and not much traffic bothers him, lorries and cars dont really bother him much, he has never bolted at traffic or reared or even spooked much. He isn't a novice ride but he is safe and fun. He loves other horses, and will hack out alone or in company. He's very clever and sophisticated for his young age (6 years) I have taught mostly everything he knows, i taught him how to jump as when he came to me he was only rising 4 and didn't know what a jump was. He is one of the most prettiest ponies i've ever seen and im not just being biased. Oh and the breed i would be looking for next would probably be something irish, preferably an irish sports horse but really anything with a good jump for BSJA standard. :) My profile Picture is me on a friends horse jumping 1.30 m :)

HorseyGirlx 09-26-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackofDiamonds (Post 761324)
If we were rich wealthy people we would not have horses!!
Haha sorry i couldnt help myself:lol:

What sorry? haha, i meant if we were rich i'd be able to keep red and have another horse aswell but were not rich so we cant :\

JackofDiamonds 09-26-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorseyGirlx (Post 761329)
What sorry? haha, i meant if we were rich i'd be able to keep red and have another horse aswell but were not rich so we cant :\


Haha i was meaning we would all be rich if we didnt have horses!! :lol:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0