The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Rained out. :( (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/rained-out-65707/)

StormyBlues 09-26-2010 02:58 PM

Rained out. :(

So, my show that was supposed to happen this weekend... didn't. We got rained out. We travel seven hours, get there, settle the horses, walk our XC courses (which looked SO fun!), had the BEST dressage schools of our lives, and go back to the hotel for the night. It had only been drizzling, and nothing was too wet to ride. So we wake up and head out to the barn and it's in moderate rain now, it had rained a lot the night before, but we were told it would wane off as the day went. It didn't. We got there and not even five minutes later TORRENTIAL downpours. The main road of the facility was a river. Our horse's stalls were starting to flood. So, they tell us there will be a one hour delay. Then a two hour delay. Then they changed it to a combined test (no XC) and delayed it four hours. It kept down pouring. Then, people started to scratch. The ground had at least four inches of water on it and it was too dangerous to run the horses in, so, less than 24 hours after we got there, we were pulling out for the ride back home. Needless to say, I'm disappointed because I was excited to do my last BN! I'll still be moving up to N at my show in two weeks, but it's still sad. Just wanted to share. Anyone else get rained/weathered out at shows and have a story to tell?

StormyBlues 09-26-2010 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just so you can see...

Spastic_Dove 09-26-2010 04:25 PM

Ugh I hate that. That's happened to me at barrel races more than once. Drive a few hours to get there and then it starts pouring and you turn around and go home.

That's too bad! Are you going to do another BN before or just going straight to your Novice? Congrats on the move up, btw.

ShutUpJoe 09-26-2010 04:29 PM

Wow that sucks : (

potterspoet 09-26-2010 04:46 PM

my show got canceled this weekend as well:(

StormyBlues 09-26-2010 05:29 PM

Just go to Novice. BN is too easy for us and we're schooling training level stuff, AND the course I'm moving up at is really easy.

Hoofprints in the Sand 09-28-2010 12:24 PM

Oh that sucks!!! :(

farmpony84 09-28-2010 12:33 PM

That is really poopie. All the work that go's into the preparation of a show and then the packing and the cleaning and the mental frustrations. I feel for you.

Ugh!

StormyBlues 09-28-2010 01:17 PM

Yeah, the mental portion of it was what got me! :p
Posted via Mobile Device

PBritton2U 09-28-2010 01:18 PM

[QUOTE=StormyBlues;761582]So, my show that was supposed to happen this weekend... didn't. We got rained out. [QUOTE]

You drove seven hours and no show?!!! Oh, honey! {{{Hugs}}} That would suck. I am such a stress mess before an away-from-home show trying to remember everything, it would KILL me to go through all that and not show. Yuck. Pituwey. Grr.

{{{Hugs}}} again.

Pam