The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Soldier in desperate need of prayers (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/soldier-desperate-need-prayers-65745/)

Azale1 09-26-2010 09:50 PM

Soldier in desperate need of prayers

Found out today that one of my families very good friends is going through some pretty rough times right now and could really use everyone's prayers. He is due to ship off to Afghanistan in the beginning of January with one of the most dangerous jobs there are, a transporter. 2 weeks ago he found out that his wife has been cheating on him and has served him divorce papers and has threatened to take their two kids away the moment he ships out. And last night he just contacted us to let us know that one of his sons who is only 3 years old just got diagnosed with a brain tumor. The full test results don't come back for a week but will probably have to do surgery immediately. Please keep him in your prayers he could really use them right now. My family is very worried about him because the last thing we want is for him to go to war thinking he has nothing left to come back to.

franknbeans 09-26-2010 10:09 PM

Wow. So sorry. Poor guy. prayers sent.....

and-while you are at it-thank him for his service. We tend to take for granted all these guys(and their families) do to keep us free.

I know how awful it is to send them away, for sure. ((Hugs))

TaMMa89 09-27-2010 01:39 PM

I'll keep him in my thoughts.

corinowalk 09-27-2010 02:00 PM

Prayers sent. Please thank him for his service.

smrobs 09-27-2010 02:03 PM

Agree, when you see or talk to him next, let him know that they are still people out there that are honored and humbled by the sacrifice he makes for the rest of us. My prayers are going out to him and his family on hopes that they will get through this horrible time.

barrelracer892 09-27-2010 02:06 PM

That's horrible! He's in my thoughts and prayers.

Azale1 09-27-2010 03:04 PM

Thanks everyone. Will keep everyone posted as get the results.