The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Got my brindle colt today!!!!!! Pics :) and a ? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/got-my-brindle-colt-today-pics-65750/)

Piaffe 09-26-2010 10:20 PM

Got my brindle colt today!!!!!! Pics :) and a ?

10 Attachment(s)
My little brindle Arab colt finallllly got here from Texas today :-P He is super cute, but he is underweight and has a hay belly (as you will see in the pics). He is only just 3 though so he has plenty of growing left to do! His sire is Insignia DeSha and dam is Bint Bint Saffina.

Because he is a brindle AHA said they won't register him unless he is registered grey so I am going to do that....

My question is I bought him from someone that got him from DeShazer Arabians so will I need to have the original breeders signature or something or can he just be registered by putting in his sire and dam i.d numbers?

This is probably a super silly question,but I haven't registered an Arab before...so....

I only got to spend about 1/2 hour with before I had to get to work so the pics aren't great....I just snapped them real quick :)

OH! He also needs a name! if you have any good ideas.....:lol:

Thanks!!!

Piaffe 09-26-2010 10:24 PM

10 Attachment(s)
more pics....

BarrelracingArabian 09-26-2010 10:24 PM

wow he is gorgeous!!!!

Eliz 09-26-2010 10:24 PM

Cute little guy! Crazy color! I wonder if he'll grey out... did you just buy him cause he's brindle? His color reminds me of a bloody shoulder. :)

Yes, you'll have to have the previous owner/breeder's signature to register him. I believe with the babies its the signature of the owner of the dam at the time of the foaling.

ShutUpJoe 09-26-2010 10:27 PM

OMG! I'm so jealous! I would LOVE to have a brindle!

trailhorserider 09-26-2010 10:32 PM

Wow, how exotic and beautiful!!! :mrgreen:

Is he a gray? He kind of looks like it because of his mane. It would kind of be a shame for him to gray out.

Do you have photos of him as a baby? That would be cool- to see what color he was then!

Piaffe 09-26-2010 10:33 PM

Uh....yeaaa...I admit it...I bought him for the color:oops: I know...bad bad bad...I couldnt resist,though :) But he isn't for breeding he is cut and I don't think his confo will be too bad once he fills out so I got lucky.

Too bad on the breeder question...Since I bought him from the person they sold him to I am not sure if the breeder will sign or anything :-|
Guess I will email and try. I would really like him to be registered even if he won't be shown or bred...

trailhorserider 09-26-2010 10:35 PM

Do you think he's a gray?

I love Arabians and color too!

Piaffe 09-26-2010 10:36 PM

his actual color up close is a really weird beigeish color...I sure hope he doesn't go grey! but I knew it was a possibility when I got him....

I don't have any baby pics of him at all :( I am going to email the breeder to see if I can get anymore info/pics on him....and hopefully a signature!

ladybugsgirl 09-26-2010 10:38 PM

i would have bought him too. He would probably make a good horse when old enough to train and very eye catching