The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   show team needs used clothes! help out! :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/show-team-needs-used-clothes-help-65813/)

josie902009 09-27-2010 07:12 PM

show team needs used clothes! help out! :)

hey guys. My name is Josie and im on the College of the Sequoias Women's Equestrian team and we compete under IHSA. We are the only junior college in the state of california that competes against major universities such as Cal Poly and UCDavis. We are a team of 20 young women and seeing as we are from a small agricultural community we do not have the funds to buy show clothes. if you would like to help a winning team out please leave me a post and i will defenetly get back to you! we are looking for both english and western show clothes and any way you can help is appreciated!!! :-) thank you!

sandy2u1 09-28-2010 08:09 AM

Have y'all tried fund raisers? Maybe have a car wash, sell candy bars, have a bake sell? Do you have a Pizza Hut in your area or an area close by? If so, they have a fundraiser card you can sell.

mbender 09-28-2010 08:39 AM

If I showed I would help. But I dont and dont know anyone who does. I hope you get to your goal. Fundraising is an awsome idea. Maybe horse rides? Pony rides? Car washing/ horse washing??? :) Good luck!

Speed Racer 09-28-2010 09:13 AM

Instead of you coming on an internet BB and begging for stuff, why doesn't your coach approach the local tack shops in town for discounted items?

She could also talk to the local businesses about giving discounts on things like logoed shirts, hats, bags, and jackets.

As other posters already mentioned, fund raising in your area is also a great idea.

One of the local college teams where I live made up Christmas ornaments with their team colors and logo, and asked for donations. They were set up in the local TSC, where many horse people go to shop.

I really think you need to approach your community and the people who know your team and college, not a bunch of strangers. JMHO.

josie902009 09-28-2010 05:56 PM

well the college shut down our fundraiser, each girl has to go and get $200 sponsorship to be on the team and tack shops turn us down. all we are asking is that people donate if they can and want to.

josie902009 10-04-2010 03:24 PM

just a bump. :)