The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Conformation Critique on my pony (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/conformation-critique-my-pony-65936/)

JackofDiamonds 09-29-2010 01:55 AM

Conformation Critique on my pony

5 Attachment(s)
Ok i tought this would be interesting. I know how he scores in his breed classes, which is high :D I thought it would be interesting on how people judged him as a Horse not a Connemara Pony (does that make sense?) I also know his breeders are kicking themselves they gelded him and there was a bit of a war on who would buy his full brother. It was between them and the girl who broke in Jack.

So hear we go pics from when he was a baby to now. I think he has grown into himself "heaps"!!

Ok this him at a foal show (im thinking) and there all Connemara's and are all from the same stud.

Attachment 42119

Body shot as a foal

Attachment 42114

Ok when he was a 3yr old (sorry its blury)

Attachment 42116

Now as a 6 turning 7yr old

Attachment 42117

Attachment 42118

smrobs 09-29-2010 02:22 AM

So you want us to look at him and critique him as if he were just a regular stock type horse (QH, TB, etc)?

If so, I can do that :D. But these aren't the best pictures to get a thorough critique.

He's a bit downhill and could bear to lose some poundage (don't feel bad, I have tubby horses too:wink:). His neck is fairly short and just a bit too thick. His shoulder angle looks good and his front legs look nice and straight with a good pastern angle. His croup seems to be just a bit steeper than his shoulder and that could be what's causing him to be downhill. He is a bit posty legged and camped out on the back and appears ever so slightly cow-hocked. He has a nice short back and deep girth. I do love the amount of bone he has in his legs and he appears to have good feet too. His head is nice and refined with a good kind eye and delicate ears.

I like him, he's an adorable little guy. :D

JackofDiamonds 09-29-2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smrobs (Post 765027)
So you want us to look at him and critique him as if he were just a regular stock type horse (QH, TB, etc)?

If so, I can do that :D. But these aren't the best pictures to get a thorough critique.

He's a bit downhill and could bear to lose some poundage (don't feel bad, I have tubby horses too:wink:). His neck is fairly short and just a bit too thick. His shoulder angle looks good and his front legs look nice and straight with a good pastern angle. His croup seems to be just a bit steeper than his shoulder and that could be what's causing him to be downhill. He is a bit posty legged and camped out on the back and appears ever so slightly cow-hocked. He has a nice short back and deep girth. I do love the amount of bone he has in his legs and he appears to have good feet too. His head is nice and refined with a good kind eye and delicate ears.

I like him, he's an adorable little guy. :D

Yeah that was what i was talking about judge him like a "regular" horse :lol: Oh i know! We deffinatley need to loose weight!! Know that you have pointed out the faults i see them! Which is really interesting.. I'm giving him the benefet of the doubt with being downhill as the grass his back legs are stnading on is slighty more raised.. I also LOVE his bone.. I always thought his neck was too short.:lol:

Silly question but what does posty leged mean? I rekon his adorable too♥

smrobs 09-29-2010 10:21 AM

Post legged means that he is a little bit straight through his hocks.

Solon 09-29-2010 08:20 PM

These pictures aren't any good to use. If you want a good critique read the sticky on how to take the pictures, then you should get better responses. These pictures don't show him near as good as what he probably is so I wouldn't even hazard a critique.

ladybugsgirl 09-30-2010 11:42 PM

hes sure is tubby but still a nice looking horse