The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Earth-Like Planet Discovered 20 Light Years From Earth. (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/earth-like-planet-discovered-20-light-66079/)

irydehorses4lyfe 10-01-2010 03:36 AM

Earth-Like Planet Discovered 20 Light Years From Earth.

I hope I'm not the only one totally fascinated by astronomy and planetary interaction...

Quote:

It takes just 37 days to orbit its sun which means its seasons last for just a few days.
Quote:

'This planet doesn't have days and nights. Wherever you are on this planet, the sun is in the same position all the time. You have very stable zones where the ecosystem stays the same temperature... basically forever,' Vogt said.
Earth-Like Planet Can Sustain Life : Discovery News

Spastic_Dove 10-01-2010 04:28 AM

That's awesome, I can't wait until we can find out more about Planet G and other planets like it!

iloverascal777 10-05-2010 06:56 PM

I want to know more about it! I can't wait to hear more! Hmm..I wonder if there are horses on that planet... :D

irydehorses4lyfe 10-05-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloverascal777 (Post 772263)
I want to know more about it! I can't wait to hear more! Hmm..I wonder if there are horses on that planet... :D

I'd like to know more about it too, but I suppose we have to wait a while, considering it's such a new discovery.

NinthHeroine 10-05-2010 08:30 PM

Yeah, I was SO excited when I heard about this! How cool! Can't wait to see more updates on it :)

Wild Heart 10-05-2010 11:36 PM

What a discovery!
I love reading up on things like this. I would love to get some more information on it.
Thanks for posting. :D

irydehorses4lyfe 10-06-2010 12:04 AM

Stuff like this just gets me thinking... Obviously, scientists are thinking and seeing, that that planet can support life. But what if it supports life in a totally different way than we know of? We can only assume that life exists from things we know creates life, but what if there are OTHER things out there that we haven't heard of, or experienced that do the same thing?
It's crazy how much we have to learn about our universe...

sarahver 10-06-2010 12:43 AM

I don't think I can ever forgive the world of Astronomy after they downgraded Pluto from planet status a couple years back.

irydehorses4lyfe 10-06-2010 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahver (Post 772614)
I don't think I can ever forgive the world of Astronomy after they downgraded Pluto from planet status a couple years back.

I still like to think of Pluto as a planet. :lol: I don't care what they say now, when I was in elementary school I was taught it was a planet! You cannot unlearn things!

dedebird 10-06-2010 04:55 AM

haha i agree i don't like pluto not being a planet xD

i really don't belive in this sorta stuff i think they are just wasting billions of dollars sending little space ships to space when they normally find nothing i bet we will never hear about this again or if we do its a oops sorry we messed up again