The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   America! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/america-6608/)

wild_spot 03-04-2008 08:29 PM

America!

I don't know if this is the right spot for this, but i'm so excited!
Phil Logue, the president of our Mounted Games Association called me last night and said i was accepted to go on a trip to America in May!
Were going to compete in the MGAA comps on the 3&4 of May and 10&11 May, in Maryland...
Were staying in Virginia, i think.
I'm so excited, I've never been to America, in fact this will only be my second time on a plane or overseas!
And it's a riding holiday, the best kind!
Ah it's going to be so fun.
So does anyone on here do Mounted Games around the Virginia/Maryland area?
And is it nice country/horses there?

PoptartShop 03-04-2008 08:31 PM

Awww congrats; that's awesome!!! :D

Harlee rides horses 03-04-2008 08:39 PM

Are you going to take your horse?

upnover 03-04-2008 08:49 PM

Congrats!!! I went to college in Virginia and absolutely loved it!! The maryland/virginia border area is a pretty busy area (it's where washington DC is located) so there are a lot of fun restaurants, great shopping, etc. The surrounding areas though are absolutely beautiful. Green rolling mountains, tons of history, And LOTS of horse farms! A lot of the horses are English and fox hunting is pretty popular. I think you'll have a great time!

JustDressageIt 03-04-2008 10:46 PM

Oh that IS exciting! Congrats! Make sure to take a ton of pictures and videos!!

wild_spot 03-05-2008 08:37 PM

No for most Mounted Games comps you are on loaned horses, which makes it harder, but also more of a challenge and way more fun!
Ah I can't beleive how excited I am!
i was looking at the pictures from last year, and they rode in the snow... Now that would never happen here!
I promise to take LOADS of photos :]
I was saving up to buy a ute, but I'm putting that off for a while for the trip, so I'm gonna have so much spending money... Can't wait!

JustDressageIt 03-05-2008 09:19 PM

So excited for you! Ahh!

kitten_Val 03-06-2008 08:09 AM

I'm not in Games, but I live in MD/VA area. There are very nice horse facilities around and you are close to Wash DC, so can do something in the evenings/weekends.

moonflame994 03-06-2008 09:30 AM

you are going to love it here in America!!! and there is beautiful country side i have been through there more than once.

Supermane 03-06-2008 02:46 PM

I know nothing about games, but I live in DC. It's pretty nice. Maryland/Virgina has tons of horse farms, lots of fox hunting and hunters.
Congrats!