The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   hours in the saddle (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/hours-saddle-6616/)

jazzyrider 03-04-2008 10:48 PM

hours in the saddle

i thought it might be fun to figure out how many hours have been spent in the saddle between us all. i know it will only be a very rough estimate but i still thought it might be fun. what ive done is taken the average amount of hours a week i would ride and multiplied that by the years ive been riding. keep a running tally as you go so at the end of your post put the total of your hours plus the total hours from the post above

here goes:

i ride on average about 15 hours a week but i had many years where i rode a whoooole lot more than that so i have averaged it out to 20 hours a week.

its been around 25 years that i have been riding and i had 3 years off in there somewhere. so i will make my years 22.

1 year = 1040 hours
22 years = 22880 hours (wow thats a lot of hours lol) i know its only a very rough guess but its probably ball park :D

TOTAL
22,880 hours

Brandon 03-04-2008 11:50 PM

Well unfortanently for me i just started ridin last month and a few lessons i missed (1. was for ACT and 2. we got rained out).. So i only have a total of maybe 5 hours in the sattle... i know that sounds really low and i feel kinda embarrassed to put a number so small on here. Man i hate bein the new guy lol!! :roll:

BUTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! I do plan on ridin the rest of my life, so i just have a small amount of hours FOR NOW

jazzyrider 03-05-2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon
Well unfortanently for me i just started ridin last month and a few lessons i missed (1. was for ACT and 2. we got rained out).. So i only have a total of maybe 5 hours in the sattle... i know that sounds really low and i feel kinda embarrassed to put a number so small on here. Man i hate bein the new guy lol!! :roll:

BUTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! I do plan on ridin the rest of my life, so i just have a small amount of hours FOR NOW

thats ok :) we all have to start somewhere :) i had only ridden for 5 hours once but then i kept riding and got more hours (obviously lol)

so with mine and yours we are up to

FGRanch 03-05-2008 10:52 AM

Brandon don't feel bad at least you are riding now!

I've probably been riding for about 15 years!

jazzyrider 03-05-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FehrGroundRanch
Brandon don't feel bad at least you are riding now!

I've probably been riding for about 15 years!

sooo wheres your hours missy lol

appylover31803 03-05-2008 12:09 PM

when i first started out, i would have 1 hour lessons once a week. I started at age 8 and stopped taking lessons around age 17 i think. so that's 9 hours. But in the summer i was a counselor at a horse camp and we got to ride 2-3 times a week for around an hour. I did that from age 13-17. And the camp went from the first week in July to the end of august. So i'm up to 33. Before i was a counselor i was actually in the camp. We rode T-F for about 2 hours total. I was in the camp for about 3 weeks or so. 57 hours.

Now that i've owned Vega, i've ridden quite alot. I'm going to say in the spring/summer i would ride 5 times a week for 1 hour, sometimes more, but i'm going to stick with 1 hour. And since then, i've ridden maybe a dozen times after that.

So i got 189. I'm guessing that's not really accurate. But somewhere around there i guess.

jazzyrider 03-05-2008 06:11 PM

you forgot to put a running tally silly :)

appylover31803 03-05-2008 06:24 PM

oops :oops:

jazzyrider 03-05-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appylover31803
oops :oops:

hehehe ;)

mlkarel2010 03-05-2008 08:58 PM

hmmm, for me well I used to have lessons all the time and then i took a long break....... now I ride for hours!! hmmm, I would say like 160 hours or so give or take......

that makes 23,234 hours!!