The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Advice..... what would you do? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/advice-what-would-you-do-66304/)

Cowgirl140ty 10-04-2010 09:12 AM

Advice..... what would you do?

So some of you may have read the post about the lease that went bad with my 3 year old mare a few months back. This kind of stems back to it....

So the lady who had my horse, her son and I are best friends as well as my sisters boyfriend. Well in the past 5 months, I have been nothing but nice to this lady. And everyone on the drill team, as another friend on the drill team is using one of my horses.
Well one sunday when I wasnt there, they were having a team meeting about a fun show they were putting on to raise money. Well, after practice my friend tied his horse to the trailer for their meeting. As he was walking away, his mom and aunt were like lets let the horses loose... they cant stand tied to the trailer, he said they would be fine. Well thats when a big blowup happened, his mom yelled at him and told him "We are not gonna be inconsiderate horse B**tards like Briana. She is cruel to her horses."

Now since then, they have needed a vet 3 different times, and everytime they call me for the number. Now I give them the number, becasue I know its not the horses fault. But how, and what would you do?
I mean, I dont want to cause to much issues because of my friend... but its hard for me to help people like that.

That all being said, my horses meet me at the gate, come running when I call. Are all fat and sassy and up to date on everything. And Yes, at shows, my horses stand tied to the trailer while im not riding. However, I expect my horses to act a certain way, and if they dont they are corrected. And thats why anyone can mess with my horses....
Where theirs have no respect for your space or you as a person...

Sorry for the rant... but I am at a loss as of what to do?
Your advice would be really appreciated. Thanks for reading and the help.

corinowalk 10-04-2010 09:53 AM

Next time they call for the vets number...let it go down like this

Them: Hey, fluffy needs stitches, can I get your vets phone number again?
You: Ofcourse you can, I would be an inconsiderate ba**ard if I didn't give it to you eh?

That should shut her up.

Speed Racer 10-04-2010 09:58 AM

Well geez, I must be an inconsiderate bitch (******* is male; you might want to let her know that :wink:) too, since I've always tied my horses to the trailer at a show, meet, or trail ride.

They have water and a hay net, and I always park the trailer under trees for the shade if I can. Hmmm, not sure why expecting a horse to stand quietly tied is a bad thing?

The next time they call for the vet's number say, "Why haven't you written this down yet? How many times have you asked me for it? I would think if someone cared about their horses, they'd already have the number at hand."

But that's just me. :-P

Cowgirl140ty 10-04-2010 10:14 AM

Corinowalk, everytime they call I think of that. And as soon as my friend is 18, I will have no problem with it. haha. But for now... Im trying to keep peace. And sometimes its really hard.

And speedracer, everytime they call... thats what I think. If Im the one who does so wrong by my horses, how come im the one that always has the vets number. I have 7 different vets numbers, 2 different message therapy/chiropractors, and 3 different farriers.

And I know alot of it is because they have way more money than me. But push comes to shove, I can come up with money for what my horses need.

Speed Racer 10-04-2010 10:23 AM

Having more money doesn't make someone a better horse owner.

Some of the worst neglect cases I've ever seen were from people who had more than enough money to care for their animals.

corinowalk 10-04-2010 10:24 AM

These kind of people fizzle out in the horse world. I treat my horses the way I see fit. They aren't pampered but they are loved. The horses I ride don't need to be pampered to like me. They get what they need and not a whole lot more.

Alwaysbehind 10-04-2010 10:26 AM

Does no one use a phone book anymore?

MaggiStar 10-04-2010 10:34 AM

God i am clearly abusive mine stand where i put them until i am ready to move them and they know its expected of them

Cowgirl140ty 10-04-2010 10:36 AM

Oh I know having money doenst make them a better owner. But thats how they see it. And in ways my horses are pampered and in ways they arent. I treat my horses like we were treated growing up. For every action there is a consequence. And sometime *Oh god* my horses get popped with a spit rein. Yet 2 seconds later I can pick up a rein and they dont flinch. I can twirl it like a rope and it doenst phase them. They know what I do and dont allow.

These same people have 10 horses, that they allow to buck and is why the lady was riding my 3 year old. My 3 year old is better behaved than any of their horses.
It just kills me. And Im trying to keep my happy face on... and thats difficult for me sometimes.

MaggiStar 10-04-2010 10:44 AM

If your that unhappy with the situation i think you should stop the arrangement