The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   Preference: Digital or Film Photography (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/preference-digital-film-photography-66439/)

mrtphotography 10-05-2010 05:48 PM

Preference: Digital or Film Photography

I am doing an essay about which is better, film or digital. anyone is welcome to chime in on this wether you are a photographer or not

ShutUpJoe 10-05-2010 07:18 PM

I had a Canon Rebel Film and a Canon Rebal Digital. The film gave me better picture quality. I do like film but don't like the hassle that goes with it. So I'm going to have to go with digital.

Cinnys Whinny 10-05-2010 07:22 PM

I've worked with both. At first I liked my film much better but lately the technology for the digital cameras is just making them better and better. Even the cheaper ones like my Olympus Tough (I bought it for shooting the kids in the pool, bathing the horse etc) gives you pretty decent quality as long as you remember to keep your expectations within the camera's limits.

NinthHeroine 10-05-2010 08:25 PM

I'd have to go with digital, as I -love- my Canon Rebel XS, mainly because the features are so much more handy. You still get almost exactly the same quality as the film equivalent, but you can review photos and store tons more without having to worry about buying film.

Film does have it's positives though; wish I had a film camera to mess around with now and then, I've heard a lot of photographers say that you just can't get certain styles with a digital that you can with film.

TaMMa89 10-06-2010 12:31 PM

Less important (mass) stuff about which I don't want to pay but want it as easily-editable: digital.

More important stuff that I want to have in my album: film.

I think film has its 'royal', nostalgic value but digital is a way more cheaper and easier to use when you just want to mess around. So my opinion is that it depends on the situation.

GuitarChump 10-06-2010 12:37 PM

I love film

Tennessee 10-07-2010 11:38 PM

I prefer film just because I do love to process the photos myself. I find that the picture quality is a lot better than that of a digital camera, given the picture itself was a sharp, non-blurry image.

Amba1027 10-07-2010 11:45 PM

Film, no contest. Yeah with digital you can take more pictures and do all these things, but I love the process of developing the film and printing the pictures. Sitting on my computer, editing pictures, I get bored. I could spend an entire day in the darkroom and love every minute of it.

shmurmer4 10-17-2010 08:02 PM

I think everyone should learn with film and then use digital.

Spastic_Dove 10-17-2010 08:12 PM

I like the look of film, but I prefer to use digital.