The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   My horse needs a job..... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/my-horse-needs-job-66463/)

CopperHorse 10-05-2010 09:29 PM

My horse needs a job.....

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, so here is the deal, I have a 6 year old Percheron/Pintaloosa gelding, he aint nothing special but he is a great companion. He is broke to ride but with the lack or riding last 2 years or so I would consider him "green" again. I want to send him off to the trainers to refresh his training. Roman is a very affectionate, and playful and he is quite smart. I am wondering about trying something like cutting with him, he loves to chase around our zebu bull, or chase after the younger horses in the pasture (in a playful manner, not aggressive). I don't have the time to go into huge shows, more so looking for something as a pass-time. Reining and Cutting are events I am curious to learn more about, and would like to try, and too I figured they would be challenging enough to keep his mind active and he would have fun doing. I don't know if he has the conformation, or the right stuff to do any of that, but again I am not looking to go professional or anything like that, just for fun.

Here are some pics, and if you wan't to see some videos of him on youtube here is a link.

dizzynurse 10-05-2010 09:34 PM

Wow I think he is gorgeous! Good luck with him. I have tried cutting and I think it is fun.

mbender 10-05-2010 09:34 PM

What would it hurt? Go for it and if it doesn't work out you at least tried. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Spyder 10-05-2010 09:44 PM

He doesn't have fantastic movement but he does have the body type I look for to be a good solid low/medium level dressage horse.

Fantastic movement is not required to do good dressage as long as the gaits are good and pure.