The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Decision time.... (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/decision-time-6679/)

free_sprtd 03-06-2008 11:36 PM

Decision time....

Alright....here I am with the decision to make. Everyone knows about my stable situation by now (ive posted enough lol). Well here are my ONLY options at the moment:

#1-Stay where I am.
I can stay where I am with tons of amentities(sp!), not very good service with the barn owner, but he does take care of the horses very well if an emergency arises. Granted he is VERY unfriendly, and can get a temper. I feel uncomfortable everytime I'm around him. But everything there is so nice, minus the small turnout space outside (there's a little). Expensive, but full care, excellent food on a schedule.

#2-Move to my farrier's training barn.
It's a very small facility. Daily turn out, but no grass. Barn is VERY old. The girls that work there are AWESOME! arena is soooooooooooooo small. Barely big enough for one horse to train in. Dark, dust, ect. But half the price I'm paying now. I buy the hay, lessons are $450 a month (ya right!).

My ultimate goal no matter what I decide is to end up at my mother in laws property that they hopefully will be able to keep (having problems right now) which is 20 acres, just needs fencing, barn (or at least a stall shelter), eventually an arena. Very BEAUTIFUL property. But that could be in like 4-6 months or even longer depending on my bf's mom.

ugh. so i think what im going to do is wait it out and talk to the owner and find out how we can make the situation better, express my concerns about traiining thunder, and then when the other place is ready to go just move him up there.

thanks everyone who has been sticking by me through this! i appreciate all your opinions.

Rachluvshorses4eva 03-06-2008 11:44 PM

Hmm. Man!!! That's one heck of a choice there. I don't know what I'd do. Maybe I'd go for option 2. But what you really need to think to yourself is,
"How happy will my horse be there? Will he be taken care of properly? Will he have enough space to graze, run etc. here?"
Yet it is also important to you to pick which one you want, it's also important to your horse. :wink:

free_sprtd 03-07-2008 12:14 AM

I know man, that's what's so tough! there is little space to run and learn at option number two, but the people are nicer. Option one, although there is little turn out, there is way more than #2, and way more space to run. It's so hard, what the deal breaker was, was that #2 the stalls are REALLY old, practically falling apart, and the turn out was outside, but NO grass at all, and the arena might as well not even be an arena. But the people are so nice lol. I think My problem is with me, not everyone else....I hate drama.

thanks for your advice!

My2Geldings 03-07-2008 10:51 AM

Option #2.

The care provided for your horses sounds better and just the fact you are uncomfortable with the BO with option #1 is more than enough for to move to a more pleasant environment.

You said you want to move to your mother in law's property? How quickly would you be able to move there?

appylover31803 03-07-2008 11:25 AM

i don't know what to do. Don't you wish you could just combine the best parts of #1 and #2? Looking out for the best interest of Thunder, the first place seems good. He has more room to run, and probably a better opportunity for you to work with him.

My fiance and I were looking into another barn a while ago. The people were awesome, the horses looked gorgeous, they'd have pastures to run in, but there was no security and the place looked like it was falling apart. So we didn't bring them there.

I think your mother-in-laws property would be best, but like you said, it could take several months.

Sorry i wasn't much help

free_sprtd 03-07-2008 12:35 PM

Thanks appy! that's what i was thinking....

oh and the second option is mostly wild mustangs that are in training there, and the ppl that would be "boarding" me there dont live on the property, someone else does, and they think that every horse there is in training, so it's not a licensed boarding facility.

you guys are awesome!!!

Rachluvshorses4eva 03-07-2008 07:42 PM

Hmm. Go option 3#! Hehe :lol: . Choose a different one! Sorry, sorry. I guess I shouldn't joke about it. Why don't you look at another place?

free_sprtd 03-07-2008 07:52 PM

I have searched for everything in my area. Thanks though! joke if you want lol Im going to stick it out for a couple months and get my mother in laws place up and running.

My2Geldings 03-07-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachluvshorses4eva
Hmm. Go option 3#! Hehe :lol: . Choose a different one! Sorry, sorry. I guess I shouldn't joke about it. Why don't you look at another place?

I thought it was cute :)

free_sprtd 03-07-2008 08:21 PM

^^^^thats what i meant by joke about it lol it was cute! good one rach! high five lol

#3 is my dream stable hehe