The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   14" Youth/Small Adult Barrel Saddle for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/14-youth-small-adult-barrel-saddle-66813/)

Poseidon 10-10-2010 12:46 AM

14" Youth/Small Adult Barrel Saddle for Sale

10 Attachment(s)
I'm just going to copy the ad I posted on a local sales ad website:

I have a Double T barrel saddle that, as I found out too late, is youth sized. I sat in it and it was comfortable, until I put it on a horse and I had jockey stirrups, as I have long legs. It has a comfy seat and I would love to keep it, but the fenders aren't long enough to make additional holes and I got a new saddle instead of trying to find replacement fenders to fit. Asking $300.

Semi-Quarter Horse bars.
Pretty tooled round skirt.
Brand new leather latigo (I had a different one that I liked more and didn't use this one)
Used 3 times!
Black roughed out seat
Rawhide and leather covered stirrups
Roughed out fenders
14" seat

I did try to punch 3 additional holes to get it to fit, but it didn't help me much. (If it helps, I am 5'7")
The stirrups have some dirt on them, I cleaned most of it off, but I had ridden while my boots were muddy.
No cinch, sorry!

I'll post the pictures:
Second to last picture -- 3 extra holes I had punched. Aren't fantastic-looking, but serve their purpose (Also took me forever because I was working with an awful hole punch)
Last picture -- The dirt that didn't come off the stirrups. The other stirrup looks the same.

If you would like to see a picture of something specific, post or PM me and I'll take it and post it. Thanks for looking!

Poseidon 10-10-2010 12:48 AM

Also, if you are interested, PM me so we could figure out shipping cost.

WickedNag 10-11-2010 08:38 AM

If you really like this saddle you may be able to have a saddle maker make new fenders for you cheap enough. I know my saddle maker is really reasonable as when I bought my daughter's saddle I thought I would need to have different fenders.

Poseidon 10-11-2010 11:18 AM

Meh. I have a different one to use. And it's small on my horse as well as me.

Thanks though!

Poseidon 11-13-2010 10:35 PM

So..my horse needs chiro again because I'm fairly certain her hip is out..again. I'm bumping this because I really need to sell it now. The nearest chiro is over an hour away and the travel cost is as much as the chiro itself.