The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   This is sick!! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/sick-66843/)

wannahorse22 10-10-2010 04:37 PM

This is sick!!

We heard about this at church this morning- Our pastor made a whole sermon off of it. Isn't it sick! Make sure to watch both.

franknbeans 10-10-2010 05:02 PM

You are right. Truly makes me sick. Her poor kids who have grown up thinking this is right. Really sad.

Nita 10-10-2010 05:24 PM

Wow. It's sad that there are so many horrible, close-minded people. Good for the news casters for telling her what it's all about. Kudos to them. I can't even believe this woman. What is the world coming to?

apachiedragon 10-10-2010 05:46 PM

That woman is truly insane. What's really sad is that she's taking that many other people down with her. Can anybody say cult? I loved that second anchorwoman telling her off.

AlexS 10-10-2010 05:57 PM

Ah the nutjobs of Westboro Bapist Church! I didn't watch the videos but I Fred Phelps and his crazies have been picketing funerals for years. They hate gay people and used to picket the funerals of people who died from AIDS, but as this did not gain enough attention they now do the funerals of service men.
Their website is www.godhatesfags.com

There are a group of motorcylists, the Patriot Guard, who attend the funerals to protect the family from seeing or hearing the idiots from WBC.

I plan to picket Fred Phelps funeral when he dies!

inaclick 10-10-2010 06:05 PM

I honestly think there is some mental deviation associated with deficit intellect ( = imbeciles) that will lead to such behavior and attitude no matter the religion.

I like to call them the Punishers.
Whatever happens, you deserved it.
If it's bad, they rejoice and gloat about it.
If they have kids they make them go through humiliating or uselessly hard life experiences "to learn what real life is" and other crap like that.
I think their motto's are "see what you've done" and "ha, I knew it" and of course "wrath of God"

I've seen such individuals around my country too and they're not even baptists. Yes, most are religious but in an absurd bigot imbecile way.

What I think about them? I think they are feeble cretins who never dared to take attitude and revenge or fight back, who feel defeated and crap their pants if they see their own shadow on a wall.
And thats why they feel pleasure or some sort of weird revenge when coincidence, fate, destiny or God - call it whatever - seems to "punish" someone. They're always there to bark their empty heads out.

I'm very sorry for the families at the funerals.

Spastic_Dove 10-10-2010 06:22 PM

Yeah they've been around for awhile. They're completely insane. I know some of his children have broken off from the church and are normal. I forget the name of one of his sons but theres a big interveiw with him on netflix somewhere you could probably find on Youtube. I'll see if I can find it.

With the recent suicides, prop 8, DADT, etc they've been doing a lot of protests against the lgbt community (and less at funerals finally. at least protest against someone who can fight back) and people are starting to hold counter protests which have been highly outnumbering the members of westboro baptist church.

Recently they were going to protest a showing of the laramie project for the 10 year anniversary of the death of Matthew Shepard but from what I heard there was a massive counter protest planned and they never showed. Gives me a little hope at least.

Charis 10-10-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inaclick (Post 777472)
I honestly think there is some mental deviation associated with deficit intellect ( = imbeciles) that will lead to such behavior and attitude no matter the religion.

I like to call them the Punishers.
Whatever happens, you deserved it.
If it's bad, they rejoice and gloat about it.
If they have kids they make them go through humiliating or uselessly hard life experiences "to learn what real life is" and other crap like that.
I think their motto's are "see what you've done" and "ha, I knew it" and of course "wrath of God"

I've seen such individuals around my country too and they're not even baptists. Yes, most are religious but in an absurd bigot imbecile way.

What I think about them? I think they are feeble cretins who never dared to take attitude and revenge or fight back, who feel defeated and crap their pants if they see their own shadow on a wall.
And thats why they feel pleasure or some sort of weird revenge when coincidence, fate, destiny or God - call it whatever - seems to "punish" someone. They're always there to bark their empty heads out.

I'm very sorry for the families at the funerals.

Good post. It's discouraging to see any human act this way.
Posted via Mobile Device

corinowalk 10-10-2010 07:15 PM

I guess I will never understand how someone can read the bible and think that it is OK to torment people. How could you sit down and read the bible and think "God hates Gay people...we must protest funerals" WTH!!

At the end of the day, I can take a deep breath and realize the one who has something coming is that man and all that join him.

Why in the world what gender you sleep with is ANYONES business is beyond me.

ridergirl23 10-10-2010 07:16 PM

wow, im ashamed to be the same species as these people. I think the only way to deal with them is send 'em to war, let them see how it is, maybe then 'god' will wipe them off this earth... or they will come back to america so scared and ashamed they will wipe themselves off the earth.
sometimes i wonder, if there is a god, why would he let these people have food and live life easily, when there are truly good people half wy around the world starving to death???