The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   Someone killed our precious precious DJ (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/someone-killed-our-precious-precious-dj-66956/)

dee 10-11-2010 05:34 PM

Someone killed our precious precious DJ

1 Attachment(s)
Daughter found him a few minutes ago - he didn't come up for breakfast and they've been searching for him. They found him with his head beaten in. How could someone do such a thing to such a sweet horse? He was so friendly, he would walk up to anyone, and that was most likely his undoing... Poor DJ. :cry:

God help the person responsible for this...

cakemom 10-11-2010 05:36 PM

Oh my, that is simply horrid. How could someone do that to such a beautiful creature. My heart breaks for you and your family.
Posted via Mobile Device

apachiedragon 10-11-2010 05:45 PM

Oh no! That's awful! Do you have any clue who it might have been? I'm assuming you'll call the cops. Please keep us posted!

dee 10-11-2010 06:02 PM

The sheriff's department has been notified. It's so sad it's funny that they will move faster on a case of animal cruelty than they do on a human murder case. I guess it's just a matter of jurisdiction. County sheriff's departments don't usually handle murder investigations.

My husband is devastated. DJ was his horse. Hubby had a stroke several years ago and it was DJ that has motivated him to try to ride again. I'm worried sick about what this is going to do to him...

Sunny 10-11-2010 06:07 PM

Good God. I am so terribly, terribly sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family. (( Hugs )) Let us know if there's anything we can do.
Posted via Mobile Device

ShutUpJoe 10-11-2010 06:07 PM

Oh no that is awful! I couldn't even imagine what you are going through. I hope they find who did it and they get what is coming to them.

MN Tigerstripes 10-11-2010 06:09 PM

I'm so sorry, that's just awful. Some people are so sick, I hope they catch them and they get the worst punishment they can.

WickedNag 10-11-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee (Post 778677)
The sheriff's department has been notified. It's so sad it's funny that they will move faster on a case of animal cruelty than they do on a human murder case.

It is a matter of crime scene and what and what not that can be done. It would of course be easier to investigate a horse beating than a murder so it makes perfect sense to me.

So very sorry for your loss. I hope they catch the $#*($@ that did this to your beautiful boy.

NorthernMama 10-11-2010 06:14 PM

Wow. That's just wild. I can't imagine what kind of a sick mind would do that. I hope the police find him/her/them and they are fully prosecuted.

For your husband, I double my condolences. DJ was special.

I hope your daughter is OK too. I imagine finding DJ was traumatic for her.

Sending hugs.

myhorsesonador 10-11-2010 06:18 PM

Thats terrible!

I just have one question? Are you sure a person did this? Was he out with the other horses? I'm just woundering because it just sounds strange that some one would do that!