The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Wool vs. Wool vs. Wool (Saddle Pads) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/wool-vs-wool-vs-wool-saddle-66983/)

Fifty 10-11-2010 08:53 PM

Wool vs. Wool vs. Wool (Saddle Pads)

Which one would you get/like better? I'm trying to choose between a Tod Slone, 5 star pad, or a Best ever pad. They are all 100% wool, which I want. My friend recommended a 5 star or Tod Slone, me assuming that she has no experience with the best ever pads, but they are very customizable which is awesome. They are all in the same price range (generally) and the majority of what I heard was that they are all good. So my question is, which would you get/recommend?

Here are the websites for each:

Slone: SaddlePads

Saddle Pads | Saddle Blankets | Wool Saddle Pads, Saddle Blankets: 5 Star Saddle Pads

Wool Saddle Pads Wool Saddle Pad [Wool Pads] - $155.00 : Best Ever Pads, Saddle Pads. Proudly Made in the USA

franknbeans 10-11-2010 09:29 PM

Recently got a 5-star. LOVE IT! So soft and wonderful! I also wanted the close contact shape, which it doesn't look like the others offer.

I don;t know anything about the others.

Fifty 10-11-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franknbeans (Post 778931)
Recently got a 5-star. LOVE IT! So soft and wonderful! I also wanted the close contact shape, which it doesn't look like the others offer.

I don;t know anything about the others.

Yes I get a lot of good reviews on 5 stars. I rode in a Tod Slone and it worked perfectly (I guess tod slone and 5 star used to be the same company), and there is a 5 star at my barn, and while moving it I felt that it was really soft. The tod slone is a little harder, but not really in a bad way, I will be using like an under pad or blanket underneath it. I don't think many people have experience with the Best ever pads because it is a newer company.

Fifty 10-12-2010 02:56 PM

Opinions please?