The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Any suggestions for a saddle? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/any-suggestions-saddle-67008/)

Luvs2jump 10-12-2010 12:51 AM

Any suggestions for a saddle?

I've been looking at replacing my saddle which is a wintec A/P with a close contact but what I'm looking for is one with a flat seat and forward flap, most of the saddles that I'm seeing have a semi-deep or deep seat. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations out there?
I've got a wide QH so they'd have to make it in a wide, or a spring tree, or a changeable gullet. Also, I'd be using for jumping. I've been looking on E-bay and some other sites also.

NorthernLights 10-12-2010 09:30 AM

A flat seat? The only flat seats I've seen are racing or saddle seat. Do you have a picture of what you're looking for ideally? I'm curious to see.

Luvs2jump 10-12-2010 01:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is something of what I'm talking about, I'll also post a picture of my current saddle so you can see the difference in the seat position. I don't have a picture of the one that I'm using right now, I can get one of those come Friday when I hit the barn!
The one on top has a flatter seat meaning the angle of the cantel.

NorthernLights 10-12-2010 02:44 PM

Oh ok! I understand you now. Have you looked at different models of close contact?

ErikaLynn 10-12-2010 02:58 PM

What size seat do you need? I have a Harry Dabbs close contact saddle I'm trying to sell. I don't know how flat of a seat you want, but the seat is on the flat side since it's a jumping saddle.

Luvs2jump 10-12-2010 05:21 PM

Northern-I've been looking at all kinds of close contact and jumping saddles. The only one that comes close new is an HDR.
Erika-I'm looking for a 17.5 seat