The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   Custom made Western saddle 17" (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/custom-made-western-saddle-17-a-67308/)

iridehorses 10-15-2010 11:43 AM

Custom made Western saddle 17"

4 Attachment(s)
This is my personal saddle and I took delivery ~10 weeks ago from Kevin at Southern Trails (model Elite T-9004). I upgraded the stirrups, had the seat ground, and added the rear cinch. It took several weeks to be made for me and by the time I received it, I had sold the horse it was built for.

It is built with standard QB bars and tree is an A fork Steele Brand Equifit with a 5 year guarantee, a 4" cantle with a ground seat. The leather is very much like a fine English saddle, actually it is the most supple I’ve ever owned. It also has a cushioned seat. The stirrups have a 5" tread for long comfortable hours in the saddle. All hardware is heavy duty stainless and the conchos are heavy, and like nothing I've ever seen. The hand tooling is unique, simple, and deep. Look at where the "D" rings for the breast collar placed. They are placed so that a regular breast collar will act like a pulling collar. The stirrups are "turned" so that they always face forward which takes all stress from your knees. Total weight is ~33lb. I"m taking a beating on the price but I need to sell it. (Front cinch, shown in the pictures, is not included but the rear cinch is.) This is a saddle you can own for the rest of your riding career, it is very comfortable for long long rides. The leather is so supple that it came "broken in". Cost me $1,500 to have built - Asking $895 + shipping. Paypal preferred. Best to PM me.

Attachment 43587

Attachment 43588

Attachment 43589

Attachment 43590

iridehorses 10-18-2010 04:42 PM

I really need to sell it (unfortunately) so ... price reduced to $795.00!

MN Tigerstripes 10-18-2010 05:27 PM

That is a beauty. If I had any money right now I'd totally buy it. I will pass it on to some friends for you.