The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Gullet spacing on my OTTB (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/gullet-spacing-my-ottb-67361/)

BWolters 10-16-2010 01:49 AM

Gullet spacing on my OTTB

Ok so I have tried a number of saddles on my 5yr old. The saddle that "fits" the best so far has both great contact on the sides and doesnt get in the way of his shoulders etc. My question is I have about 2-3 inches of space in the gullet till he puts his head down then his spine moves up into the gullet, the pad then has no spare room. I have rode him for 3 hours or so and i can massage the area it does not appear to be sore.. Is this the correct fit? I will post pics if needed

Fifty 10-16-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWolters (Post 783931)
Ok so I have tried a number of saddles on my 5yr old. The saddle that "fits" the best so far has both great contact on the sides and doesnt get in the way of his shoulders etc. My question is I have about 2-3 inches of space in the gullet till he puts his head down then his spine moves up into the gullet, the pad then has no spare room. I have rode him for 3 hours or so and i can massage the area it does not appear to be sore.. Is this the correct fit? I will post pics if needed

Yeah I need pictures. Also, what type of saddle pad are you using?

BWolters 10-16-2010 11:58 PM

It has like a neoprene mesh on the bottom (horse side) and canvas on top, just got it

Fifty 10-17-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWolters (Post 784673)
It has like a neoprene mesh on the bottom (horse side) and canvas on top, just got it

What's the thickness and, I need pictures :) I don't exactly understand what you are saying.

BWolters 10-17-2010 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the saddle pad.. I am at work right now (working hard) but I can get some pictures this weekend!