The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Horses moving home today!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/horses-moving-home-today-67372/)

Koolio 10-16-2010 11:12 AM

Horses moving home today!!!

After months of looking, months of waiting and a month of preparing our new property (over 6 months in total), we are finally bringing the horses home today! The fence is done, the shelters are in place, the water trough is filled and fitted with a heater, and my hay is scheduled to deliver tomorrow.

Although I am sad to leave our current barn, I am very excited to be able to see the horses from my kitchen window and have them close by. I think they will love it here! They will be in a much larger paddock and will be together, rather than separated in private paddocks. (The previous barn kept mares and geldings separate.) There is lots of grass in the pasture which should keep their bellies quite full until the snow flies. Best of all, we will see them every single day! I'll post pictures once they get here.

cakemom 10-16-2010 10:32 PM

Thats awesome!! I'm happy for you and your babies!!
Posted via Mobile Device

equiniphile 10-16-2010 10:34 PM

It's a great feeling, isn't it??

haleylvsshammy 10-17-2010 01:06 AM

I'm so excited for pictures!! Yay for you!!! :D

PaintHorseMares 10-17-2010 08:28 AM

Great! No matter what people say about the benefits of boarding, there is nothing like having them at home with you.

mbender 10-17-2010 10:02 AM

No kidding! Mine are not in my backyard but they are just down the road at familys home. Even tho it would be so much better here at home, I really can't complain. Just pay for hay and help with fencing. I love doing it anyway. Congradulations and what a dream come true!
Posted via Mobile Device