Getting a New Horse :)
I just spent the weekend looking at horses to buy which was very exciting! I went looking for a going TB or WB that wasn't too big or too young. After trying many duds I didn't find exactly what I had in mind but DID find the perfect horse! Her name is Breakfast at Tiffany's and she is a 5 year old WB mare, only 15.2h but the perfect size for me. She is VERY green still but has a great personality, a lot of spunk and definitely a lot of potential. We just mesh really well together. But now I'm in that horrible waiting period! Tomorrow she gets vetted and if there is nothing wrong with her then we have to start negotiating on her price. I'm really hoping we'll be able to get her price down (one factor that we're hoping might bring it down is her height) because I've already fallen in love with her!
But if worse comes to worse we do have a 2nd choice. A 16h, 4 year old TB gelding (ex racehorse). We don't know his full name (only that it's 'something Angel' or 'Angel something'). He is also super sweet with fairly good movement but is even greener then the mare!
Sorry for the slight rant but I had to share the exciting news with someone! And I would post pictures but I want to wait until something is more definite. So please keep your fingers crossed for me!
How exciting! I doubt you will be able to get the price down based on height though. Good luck!
Well it's just a small hope, they are trying to sell her as 16h which she very obviously isn't!
Update-- We couldn't get her vetted today but I'm told it will happen tomorrow! So the wait isn't over yet :(
keep us postd...and as soon as you can get some pics :) ooooo its sooo exciting :) good luck....
ps i doubt that that small height variation would matter to be honest :S
I understand about the height, but I'm just trying to think positive thoughts about it! This waiting is so hard!
Yes, we need pics :)
Well they vetted the WB mare on Tuesday and she failed. The vet hoped it was just because her feet were too long but they took X-rays today and her joints are all screwed up. It's really a shame, and quite sad for the mare because she's only 5.
Found two, possibly three, more interesting horses though but we're in no rush and are just going to take our time until we find the perfect one.
Aww, thats sad to hear, but better safe now than sorry later!
Just goes to show why vetting pre-purchase is so important!
Good luck on your search!
I know! It would be terrible to have her go lame a week after buying!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0