The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Mounting bareback (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/mounting-bareback-67470/)

juniormylove 10-17-2010 06:44 PM

Mounting bareback

err...trying to, I guess.

Brooke is 17.2+. I barely got on her [there was a moment where I was 'stuck' hahaha]

My friend needed a box to get on, hahahahahaha

equiniphile 10-17-2010 06:46 PM

When my friend and I are riding Arthur double bareback, I get on, and then she steps on my boot toe and jumps on. Works quite well :). Gorgeous horse, btw!

juniormylove 10-17-2010 06:54 PM

That's a good idea! We'll have to try it next week [assuming I ride Brooke...the other horses don't take too kindly to being ridden bareback, as I found out the hard way].

Thank you, I love her [and wish she was mineee]

mbender 10-17-2010 09:30 PM

You guys must be tall or very agile cuz I can't even jump on my 14hh horse! Need a bucket:) when I was younger I had no problem getting on a horse or swinging my leg up and jumping on. Now that I'm older, my hip would probably fall out of my uterus!
Posted via Mobile Device

Citrus 10-17-2010 10:12 PM

I just jump up and scramble the rest of the way! I am too embarassed to show any sort of video :)

BrewCrew 10-19-2010 04:45 PM

Holy huge horse, Batman!

ErikaLynn 10-19-2010 04:50 PM

I actually think getting off when you are on double bareback is way harder than getting on

Gidget 10-19-2010 06:50 PM

I can't even get on my 14.2 horse..lol.My husband can jump up on his 16.1 hand horse O.O and hops up on my horse..I'm jealous cause I try and can't do it.

Scoutrider 10-19-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrewCrew (Post 787438)
Holy huge horse, Batman!

Amen to that! :lol:

I rode my little guy bareback in a halter (on a whim, he'd never done either before, at least with me...) a couple of weeks ago, and had a heck of a time getting 14 hands off the ground! :shock: I eventually ended up putting him in a knee-deep ditch and hopping on from the bank - it still took 3 tries! :lol: Yes, I am a wimp with zero athletic ability! :lol:

He was such a gent over it, though... if someone had been trying to drag/throw themself bodily up onto my back I'da had a small fit! :lol:

juniormylove 10-20-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbender (Post 785393)
You guys must be tall or very agile cuz I can't even jump on my 14hh horse! Need a bucket:) when I was younger I had no problem getting on a horse or swinging my leg up and jumping on. Now that I'm older, my hip would probably fall out of my uterus!
Posted via Mobile Device

haha we're both about 5'8". We're not shrimps, but definitely not super tall. And I'm very UN agile, bahahaha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikaLynn (Post 787442)
I actually think getting off when you are on double bareback is way harder than getting on

Mine was easy, I just swung my leg forward over her neck and slid off hehe. I think my friend may have gone backwards off Brooke's butt, but I wasn't really watching.