The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Easy Mount Step Stool (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/easy-mount-step-stool-67682/)

sdellin 10-19-2010 11:53 PM

Easy Mount Step Stool

Anyone tried this? I read the reviews, the price is right, but I don't need any more gadgets that I don't use. However, this would solve the problem of mounting on the trail. I can't very well take a regular mounting block with me!

Easy Mount Step Stool in Trail Riding / Accessories at Schneider Saddlery

Carleen 10-20-2010 02:08 AM

Haven't used one, but I don't see why it wouldn't work!

I think I'd probably forget to hold onto the string half the time and have to dismount and do it all over again LOL, but that's just me!

sdellin 10-20-2010 11:14 AM

Tee hee...me too! I may put a clip on the end of the string and clip it to the saddle, so I won't forget. I did go ahead and order this item. Will let ya'll know how it works.

Carleen 10-20-2010 01:57 PM

Please do! Being 5'1 and having a 16+hh horse, this could really come in handy!

rum4 10-20-2010 09:27 PM

yea keep us utd on this one. Wife is interested just reading this.....

Normal Guy 10-23-2010 06:35 AM

I have not used one of these mounting stools, but i have heard that you must have relatively flat piece of ground to set it on. Any slope in the ground will render the stool unstable. Also, you have to determine if a 10 inch boost is enough. It certainly isn't nearly as tall as most mounting blocks or stairs. Other than those two caveats, it looks like a good product.

sdellin 10-23-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normal Guy (Post 791614)
Also, you have to determine if a 10 inch boost is enough. It certainly isn't nearly as tall as most mounting blocks or stairs. Other than those two caveats, it looks like a good product.

I wondered about this also. If it's not quite tall enough, I plan to lower my stirrup, then I can shorten the stirrup once I get on. I just really want something I can carry with me. One time i was riding a friends horse, a 20-year-old arabian. Great horse, but older with the "I'm-ready-to-retire attitude." A friend had a loose girth so I hopped off to tighten it for her. Well, couldn't get back on. I tried standing my horse next to a metal utility box, but she kept moving away. I plan to keep my horse trained to stand where the heck I put her, but I'd like to have something to carry with me in case I can't find anything to mount from.

Now, the best thing would be for me to be able to mount from the ground. A couple of years ago I could have, but this darned extra 30 pounds I'm lugging around..... Blah!:wink:

Remi 10-23-2010 11:46 PM

No one makes one with adjustable legs?

sdellin 10-24-2010 11:08 AM

Now that's a good idea. I've been searching the web for another one with some other option, but nothing available. This is the only one that's round with foldable legs.

rumba12 10-24-2010 03:37 PM

Yes, please let us know how it works out! At 5'2" riding a 17hh warmblood with an energetic spirit, finding places to mount when out on hacks is a challenge!