The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   FREE AMERICAN SADDLEBRED to a GOOD HOME (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/free-american-saddlebred-good-home-6777/)

Susieque 03-09-2008 04:55 PM

FREE AMERICAN SADDLEBRED to a GOOD HOME

Hi, we are moving soon and our daughter is going to college. We are looking to give our horse to a good home. He is 17 hands and 14 years old. Due to his impressive size, he works well as an intermediate/advanced lesson horse for taller students and adult riders. He is very healthy and an easy keep. Please contact Suzanne at suzameyer@aol.com or 210-497-1645. He is boarded at Victory Lane Farm in Boerne, TX. :D

lopinlena 05-07-2008 07:41 PM

Free Saddlebred

I am interested in this horse as long as he is sound.
What have you done with him in the past? Is he a trail horse or show horse? I have been looking for a horse like this for a student of mine. She is a tall thin lady who has taken to the Saddlebreds. She has a good seat and gentle hands. I believe she would be a good rider for this horse.

Please send more info on this horse, possibly a pic.

Thanks so much....

JustDressageIt 05-07-2008 11:42 PM

Hi.. I'd just like to remind you to take precautions when advertising a free horse :D Get a good agreement with the prospective person, interview them, get references, etc.. to protect you and the horse - best of luck finding a great home!

KANSAS_TWISTER 05-08-2008 03:06 AM

i agree with jdi!! , please be very cafeful on whom respone to a free horse ad, it might be free but could turn a profet for some one else.

lopinlena 05-08-2008 01:09 PM

I appreciate your concern, but I am not new to the horse business.

kickshaw 05-08-2008 01:10 PM

hey, not sure if you know about the site, but trot.org is full of ASB enthusiasts! Do you mind if I post this over there?

JustDressageIt 05-08-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lopinlena
I appreciate your concern, but I am not new to the horse business.

I'm sorry if I've offended you - we must have posted at the same time because I was sure I had been the first to post a response. The comment was not directed to you, but rather to the original poster.

PoptartShop 05-08-2008 04:01 PM

Yeah, be careful. ;) I'd definitely make sure that you take a lot of precautions, & check the place the horse will be staying at...all that stuff, to ensure it will be going to a good, trusting home. :) Anyone would love to get a free horse, but it doesn't mean they will take care of it nicely. ;) Just saying. Good luck. :D