The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Parelli - Horsemanship?! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/parelli-horsemanship-67839/)

Plymus 10-21-2010 11:38 AM

Parelli - Horsemanship?!

oh my.. i thought horsemanship was about mutual respect and thrust between the rider and the horse, and not about violence and fear. sure the horse has to respect the rider, but in my opinion, the rider has to respect the horse aswell!

how can anyone look up to this woman?

what do you think of the video?

kevinshorses 10-21-2010 12:03 PM

We've been there and done that already more than once!!

Hoofprints in the Sand 10-21-2010 12:13 PM

I only watched the first few minutes and it looked like a class on how to whack your horse's chin as hard as you possibly can...geez I just don't get how they call it "natural" anything.

And like kevinshorses said, I know this debate on the Parelli's has been around for some time and pops up on here a lot!

Fluffy Pony 10-21-2010 01:19 PM

lol might as well use a whip and make contact with the horse....... jeeze parelli people.... seriously how can people not see this? How do you think the horse feels if you smack it in the face with a metal clip?... talk about natural lol.

The part where she takes the arabian from the lady she is totally tense walking and telling the arabian by body language to speed up... so no wonder the horse is tense and trotting up.... then she goes disciplining the horse for doing what she is asking... lol wow

Snookeys 10-21-2010 03:38 PM

This is the first time I've seen this video, but I have heard about her slapping horses in the face with clips. Linda creeps me out, lol

StormyBlues 10-21-2010 03:47 PM

This was also taken very much out of context. She's teaching the ask, tell, demand theory. You ask the horse to back by shaking the lead, tell by shaking it harder, and demand with the pop. Right after the pop you release when the horse does what you want. She doesn't go around hitting horses faces for no reason
Posted via Mobile Device

Ray MacDonald 10-21-2010 05:07 PM

Thats not how it was in the video... just sayin

And I actually saw an exact replica of a "carrot stick" in the country co-op today! and guess what? $12.95! BTB lol

Skipsfirstspike 10-21-2010 06:28 PM

I think she is a great trainer. Did you see how perfectly the fence was standing for her? I didn't bother watching the rest..

ChevyPrincess 10-21-2010 08:03 PM

Haha!!! Oh my gosh, really?

Okay, so, the horse walks calmly behind her, and she starts flapping her armpit like she is trying to do the chicken dance? LOL!!! I wonder if she knows how idiotic it looks? If I saw someone doing that in real life, I would probably fall to my knees laughing.

And then, you hit the horse in the face with a whip and expect it to follow you? Please!

Spyder 10-21-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormyBlues (Post 789686)
This was also taken very much out of context. She's teaching the ask, tell, demand theory. You ask the horse to back by shaking the lead, tell by shaking it harder, and demand with the pop. Right after the pop you release when the horse does what you want. She doesn't go around hitting horses faces for no reason
Posted via Mobile Device

Even under these conditions it is not what any respected trainer would do to get a horse to back up.

My boy backs up by me simply walking towards him and saying "back".