The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Buck Davidson, Phillip Dutton, Boyd Martin (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/buck-davidson-phillip-dutton-boyd-martin-67926/)

Equestrianlife1 10-21-2010 11:30 PM

Buck Davidson, Phillip Dutton, Boyd Martin

Learn about the colorful backgrounds of three members of the 2010 World Equestrian Games U.S. Eventing Team. Buck Davidson, Phillip Dutton, Boyd Martin.

Watch their video here

sarahver 10-21-2010 11:38 PM

OK I guess I am slow on the uptake but since when is Phillip Dutton competing for the States????? I just looked it up and he became a US citizen in 2009, AAAAARGH, PAY YOUR ATHLETES AUSTRALIA OR YOU WILL LOSE THEM!!!

All the best to the American team of course but geez, us Aussies should look after our Equestrians a little better.

Amir 10-22-2010 01:06 AM

Hell yeah we should!!
I want equestrian events on TV, better funding for our sport from councils. The sport needs to be out there more IMO.
It sucks that we loose our people to other countries like this.

Strange 10-22-2010 01:26 AM

Lol Boyd Martin also came to compete for the stats, Sarah. xD

sarahver 10-22-2010 09:23 AM

I really haven't been keeping up with the news! Grrrr, we really should look after our athletes better, our equestrian team is supposed to be our pride and joy :-( It is one of the most popular sports in the country and one that we have the potential to be the best in the world at but struggles for funding and attention.

Even when the Olympics are on you would struggle to catch an Equestrian event on TV that isn't at 4am or some God awful time, yet the hockey, rugby, soccer and swimming seem to be on non-stop. Synchronised swimming gets more air time! It's such a shame.

MaggiStar 10-22-2010 09:34 AM

Thats the same here in Ire!
When the weg were on they did a one hour feature that involved more talking to people then the comp

sarahver 10-22-2010 09:41 AM

Our swim team get soooo much air time. OK they also pull a lot of medals for us but seriously, how many times can you watch someone doing laps in a pool? And the weight lifting, puh-lease. Big hairy guys (and girls) picking up heavy stuff. Surely the Equestrian events are far more exciting, even for someone not involved in the sport?