The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   no luck with instructors "normal" (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/no-luck-instructors-normal-67997/)

JustPaint 10-22-2010 01:59 PM

no luck with instructors "normal"

Is this sort of thing normal?

I've been searching since the incidnet and eveytime I think I get close a bomb drops. Main issue is a scheduling conflict.

kitten_Val 10-22-2010 02:09 PM

To be honest I don't quite get what you are trying to say. Do you mean you can't find an instructor? It took me several months and trying different ones before I started to work with the one I'm with now. Just keep looking.

JustPaint 10-22-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val (Post 790639)
To be honest I don't quite get what you are trying to say. Do you mean you can't find an instructor? It took me several months and trying different ones before I started to work with the one I'm with now. Just keep looking.

Yes, that's excatly what I'm trying to say. Just wanted to be sure it was "normal."

Zeke 10-22-2010 02:13 PM

People have lives, others want to take lessons too, schedules are tough in every field. I'm lucky enough to live near many places with lessons so it's never been too hard to find something. Sometimes I have to drive a but farther but that's normal.

What incident? Is that holding you back or is it just schedules?
Posted via Mobile Device

Regan7312 10-22-2010 02:21 PM

People do have crazy and hectic schedules but my trainer is awesome about working with us on that. If something comes up she is great about getting us another time/day.

Just keep looking!

kitten_Val 10-22-2010 02:57 PM

I found that many trainer do shows so weekends often a no-no for them. On other side I work weekday with 1+ hour commute one-way, so I did manage to take lessons at nights (it was also 1 hour drive to the barn), but it was very tough on me. My current one while also go to the shows still can accommodate weekends most of the time (knock on wood! :D ). It's totally normal you can't find instructor, it's often just hard to have same schedule.

Luvs2jump 10-22-2010 05:01 PM

It's hard at times, when I was at the eventing barn, during the summer, I was on my own most of time due to the coach being away at shows.
Now, I'm lucky that my horse is closer to home with a trainer that will more then willing to work the lessons in around both mine and her schedule.
Just keep looking and things will fall into place!