The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Driving (http://www.horseforum.com/driving/)
-   -   Apparently. (http://www.horseforum.com/driving/apparently-6824/)

.Delete. 03-11-2008 09:17 AM

Apparently.

There arn't too many people who drive on horsefourm :wink:

Vidaloco 03-11-2008 09:36 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Oh well nice try :(

LadyDreamer 03-11-2008 07:00 PM

Oh don't take it away. It may pick up soon with new members.

I love driving. I wish I had something to drive. Supposedly a new horse we have is broke to drive, but it is too wet to find out. We have a hackney road pony, and all the babies are too young as of yet. They will though. All in due time. When it dries out outside then I'll hopefully get back to driving.

Vidaloco 03-12-2008 05:44 AM

:lol: no plans to remove it. I just got a catalog from National Bridle. They carry lots of driving equipment and it got my interest back up. I would love to have a little cart or a nice surry. They have a regular auction down in Oklahoma that always has the most beautiful wagons and carriages...One of these days :D

.Delete. 03-12-2008 08:39 AM

I have been driving for a good 6 years. Heh.

KANSAS_TWISTER 03-15-2008 12:56 AM

i'm going to start ground drving abby this spring when i get my harness

Dave 03-17-2008 07:21 PM

driveing

Hey ya all i drive all my horses from QT TO MUSTANGS and TWH as well as ASB. I truely enjoy driveing eather single or teams. im very sorry to say that my best buggy horse an AMERICAN SADDLEBRED that was an Amish buggy horse but couldnt keep up the hard pounding on the blacktop roads the amish require . is on total vet care at this time and complete stall restfact is ive been in the barn at his side for the last 72 hours due to colic and a mineral defiencey that i didnt realize he was not getting with his feed. they call it THUMPER and he has been on IVs for 72 hours and looks like he will be for a day or 3 longer. it is very sad for me as he is the most ausome buggy horse ive ever had and i just purchased a small wagon and new harness for him so i could show him and use him in parades but he is out of commision for a few months at least. so now its back to mustang power. for me if i want a buggy ride But anyway driveing is a great way to enjoy your horse and have friends and family enjoy them with you all in the same buggy instead of different horses when ridein and it gets people attention also enjoy training them and enjoy driveing them it is a different world from the saddle horse and when a horse can do both your more blessed DAVE

Vidaloco 03-17-2008 07:25 PM

Sorry about your horse Dave :( I hope he makes a full recovery, sounds like he is a great horse.

LadyDreamer 03-17-2008 08:16 PM

Oh no! Dave that is awful! I am sending good vibes and well wishes for you and your horse. . . :(

Dave 03-17-2008 10:24 PM

my horse

Hey ladies thank you for the good wishes on Red H e is a great old fellow and im really proud of him and his ablitys and feel very sorry for him since he worked for years hauling Amish people in there heavey buggys day in and day out. T hen when he got a bit to old and tired they just dumped him at a sale and never looked back. when my black smith came to trim and shoe him heshowed me the bruseing up deep in all 4 feet where he had been driven so long and so hard that he was so baddly bruised and yet he never refused to try to pull there buggy full of people and they still just walked away from him like a piece of old scrap ill upload a few pictures of him he is a beauty thanks again Dave